Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Ebay exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2007, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you read through the forum, some people have been pretty happy with it. as stated above, 3 inch pipe is 3 inch pipe. For $300 bucks, and proven capability, you can't go wrong...instead of spending $800 and change, unless you have that type of cash to blow.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

how does the exhaust work out
Old Jan 2, 2009, 03:02 AM

I have one and the only fitment issue I have is that the rear muffler is made for the US rear bar and not the JDM rear bar like on my Evo 7. The rear muffler sits a little lower on mine but the sound is good and the gains are great (I am getting a local exhaust shop to adjust the hangers on the rear muffler to get it sitting where I want it. To be honest a 3" ID Stainless 304 pipe is just that, a 3" pipe. no brand name needed. all bolted up and running in less than 2 hours. (including removing the old exhaust)

I paid $450 AUD for it which is great when the nearest cat-back was an Apexi N1 for $1100 AUD and I get a test pipe and front down pipe too. all fit fine and no fouling. I love the deep smooth tone while still bringing the engine sound to the back of the car. It doesn't drone more than any of the other evo's i have been in with brand name exhausts.

Here it is for the moment. I want to raise the rear pipe by 1 inche which will also raise the rear pipe leading to the rear muffler.

Cheers

Last edited by BEZ-01W; Jan 2, 2009 at 03:35 AM.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 09:53 AM

always think about cheap purchases before buying. I know several people who have had to buy the same part over and over again because they didnt go out and get a high quality piece to begin with.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 02:21 PM

i wouldnt bother with cheap ebay parts for your expensive evo, its not worth it.
fittament wont be the best..
pretty much u get what u pay for..
Old Jan 2, 2009, 02:29 PM
Former Sponsor

i used to run one on my car.. it fit ok it just looked super ugly.

now i have megan dp, ebay test pipe and a 3" cutout
Old Jan 2, 2009, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not a fan of the sound of the Ebay exhaust. It doesnt sound very deep or throaty. For the price though it's a bargain and I tuned a car with it installed and it did not rub or cause any problems, power was similar to other exhausts.
Originally Posted by CleverUserName
good luck with getting any vendor to accept your ill-fitting parts after you've tried to install it. i say this from experience, unfortunately. so no matter who you go with, if it doesn't fit, you are probably stuck. might as well save 500 bucks.
That's exactly right! I bought a HKS Carbon Ti catback and HKS support was non-existant. I'm betting the american companies that frequent these boards are better, but I dont even know if they would take an exhaust back for fitment issues. Check with AMS or Buschur, if anyone would do you right they probably would to protect their name.

Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
Remember you get what you pay for. I have heard complaints about fitment issues, rubbing up against drive shaft, hangers welds breaking,not aligning correctly. Down pipes not fitting well. Cheap hardware(crappy bolts and nuts. This is not with just this exhaust but many of the cheaper ones. Also not a true 3 inch design, and not a straight thru design. If you search I bet you could find somneone with a used brand name for a good price.
Your best bet is to do a Search under exhaust to see which one is right for you with sound and quality you want.
Good luck
This is not always true. At first I thought you were describing the HKS Carbon Ti catback, one of the most expensive exhausts for the Evo. Rubs driveshaft, hardware rusts, in fact the whole exhaust is actually made of mild steel instead of stainless, and it's not 3" -JUNK.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 09:45 PM

I never had an issue with eBay before. Always pay using paypal though.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:02 PM
Account Disabled

I almost bought until a couple of my friend's blow the packing out of them,then i heard the buschur tbe setup in person and that thing sound's freaking nasty expecially at wot throttle like the car is throwing up and no drone just pure power and sound.ps i will never put ebay crap on my car not even my lawnmower.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

The reason ppl have issues with the Ebay DP rubbing is because it was made for non-ACD Evo's.

I run the XSpower EBAY TBE and had Devo Tuning adjust the DP so it wouldn't rub on my ACD and it works perfect.

What I recommend is order a Megan Racing Evo IX downpipe from a vendor on here. Also purchase the Ebay TBE and just sell the Ebay downpipe and install the Megan downpipe, Ebay testpipe, and Ebay catback. It will work perfect.

Ebay TBE for $220 Shipped
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lance...Q5fCarQ5fParts

Order a Megan Racing Evo IX DP from a vendor on here.
http://www.wotmstore.com/merado0evo9.html

When the Ebay TBE comes in, put the downpipe for sale in the private for sale section. The downpipe that comes with the Ebay TBE fits perfectly on 03-04 Evo VIII'S.

The Ebay TBE is a full 3 inch exhaust. It makes the same power as the other brand name tbe like AMS, Buschur, ETS, etc.........
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:44 PM
Account Disabled

No offense it's all ebay sheet all made in china a guess you pay for what you get.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 01:29 AM

Yeah you pay for a stainless 3" ID pipe from turbo to tip. its not rocket science. if it fits what is the problem? And as far as the sound goes, thats a personal preference. There is no difference between 3" 304 stainless from china compared to 3" 304 stainless in the US. Where do you think the US gets a percentage its stainless steel from. (304 is the grade of steel)

Its cheaper because some company is not fattening up the price to pay his sales guy $35/hour to say this brand is better because it is more expensive.

Closing statement Steel is not like wine it doesn't taste better because of the dirt it comes from.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IDRINKV8'S
No offense it's all ebay sheet all made in china a guess you pay for what you get.
An exhaust is not a big deal. You make the same power and it sounds pretty good to.

Its not like its a Ebay turbo thats a different story.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IDRINKV8'S
This argument is seriously worthless. Stainless steel is the same in america as it is in china...

That out of the way, if others had no fitment, then go for it. I bought my TBE used for a little less than $400 (with a hfc). I really like buying used stuff that is just metal. I've bought some stuff new (injectors, intake, etc), but my licp is off of ebay. Good fitment for $120 where as a name brand one would be $250+.

Someone mentioned Bushur exhausts... these are the best flowing and loudest exhausts. They are great as are the people at Buschur, but I can't justify $800 for an exhaust. You see used ones ALL the time on here... pick up one of those. Used 4tw when it comes to exhaust.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 06:43 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by baylorar
This argument is seriously worthless. Stainless steel is the same in america as it is in china...

That out of the way, if others had no fitment, then go for it. I bought my TBE used for a little less than $400 (with a hfc). I really like buying used stuff that is just metal. I've bought some stuff new (injectors, intake, etc), but my licp is off of ebay. Good fitment for $120 where as a name brand one would be $250+.

Someone mentioned Bushur exhausts... these are the best flowing and loudest exhausts. They are great as are the people at Buschur, but I can't justify $800 for an exhaust. You see used ones ALL the time on here... pick up one of those. Used 4tw when it comes to exhaust.
Get your facts straight i never mentioned that buschur exhuast's are the loudest,by the way that's why every fast evo runs buschur parts if that was the case why not crappy ebay parts,you also said that there lot's of used buschurs exhuast's for sale very rare i see a used one for sale my friend was looking for months with no luck!The bottom line is if you want serious power buschur's the answer im pushing 500whp daily on 93pump gas with ease.

Quick Reply: Ebay exhaust.