Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

First real test in my IX vs R33 GTR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2007, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First real test in my IX vs R33 GTR

Didn't know which forum to post this in so figered this one would be best

Went to a local japanese car meet tonight and on the way back had a "spirited blast" in my JDM IX GSR, only mods are airbox mod and dump valve reversal filled with 99ron petrol, against a Skyline R33 GTR, didnt speak to the driver but i assume basic stage one mods as i know it was decatted ( noise and the flames licking out the tailpipe ) and noticeable induction noise, so i presume in the region of 360-380bhp.

From a roll on of 40mph to 110mph we were pretty much dead even, both side by side with the evo nudging a inch or so lead on gear changes.

From another roll on from 40mph in 2nd gear the evo pulled ahead of the GTR and stayed there with the GTR a foot or two back from my rear bumper.

We exchanged a flash of lights and the GTR driver gave me a as he pulled off.

I'm pleased with how the Evo faired against the RB26 considering it is pretty much stock, its assured me selling my 20g'd EJ20 400bhp+ STI was the right choice, now just to realise the mitsi's potential through a few choice mods

Got a quick video of a pair of cars twin drifiting a roundabout at the meet if you got 30secs to waste
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ2Jk09bSW0
Old Jul 3, 2007, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Just a heads up man this is most likely to be deleted soon. They are pretty strick talking bout any kinda "Street Racing". Sounded fun though! Glad to see your enjoying the Evo.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 06:46 PM

cheers for the heads up, i'd just like to state there was no "street racing" we were both just going home.......
Old Jul 3, 2007, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by prEVOke
cheers for the heads up, i'd just like to state there was no "street racing" we were both just going home.......
nothing to worry about. there was no "street racing" you both just happen to be taking the same road home... nothing you can do about that.

thanks for telling us about your drive home!