Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

gettin 2003 evo8 soon question!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2007, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gettin 2003 evo8 soon question!

hey guys i will be gettin a new car soon when winter comes around the corner here and i am wondering about insurance cost.

my background
No Tickets
In college I got the good grades thing
and i heard if you are goin to college for engineering you get a discount.

can somone give me an est. on how much insurance would be for a 2003 Evo8 i dont know what modle but 2003 evo8 because they are around 19-20k. say any insurnace company you think is best say many companies
Old Aug 20, 2007, 01:46 AM

that all depends on where you live and your insurance carrier. just call around and get quotes. i personally pay 95.00 per month but that is because im 27 with a perfect driving record and i get a multi car discount.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 02:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im 20...got mine @18...i pay 250 a month..but i have an accident

u know there are a million insurance site u can get a quote from
Old Aug 20, 2007, 02:08 AM
Evolved Member

It will not be cheap is all I can say

Whether you ask around on the forum or you get quotes from companies through phone or online, you are pretty much going to get similar answers. The quote from inputting your own data is as close as it can get for an estimate on how much you are going to pay for your insurance. It only take couple of minutes and its free, and you get choice on whether to call or type up the info online.

My advice for you would be to wait until you can afford a brand new one.

- In college, a car has not much use other than getting groceries and doing laundries. It might be little more useful if you live off campus or visit your family every weekend.

- The discount for good grade and type of school is barely any. Only things that really matter are whether you are older than 25, if your license has been older than 3 years, and if you have any records. I don't think the teen license (16 to 18) counts for the length of time.

- I'm trying to generalize, but statistically EVO's are on the high side if you talk about the chance the used car being badly beaten, or having shady records.

- Im not saying that you will too, but teen + EVO tend to cause a lot of accidents as high insurance quote suggests. They are also highly sought after amongst thieves for parts. Also you might have been mature driver with clean records in the past, but that does not guarantee that your driving habit will not change when you acquire a more potent car, which happens to be a common case amongst the teens.

- If Minnesota winter is the concern, you are better off just getting a hard top Wrangler or Subaru Forester. Both of them make way better college car than an EVO.

If EVO is going to be your second car, I don't have any problems, but my senses tell me that a guy who won't appreciate a brand new Civic SI would almost certainly not appreciate 03 EVO and/or get into trouble with it.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 02:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ you made very good points,but a 03 evo should be cheaper than a new civic si when it comes to monthly payment.but ur right,if i lived on campus,i wouldnt even buy a car
Old Aug 20, 2007, 03:28 PM

i am in tech school not a university i just want an evo because i wanna break away from my parents payin for everything and all and pay for my own stuff start bein independent you know what i mean when a kid gets old he moves out of his parents house

Last edited by psengsouriya; Aug 20, 2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 03:30 PM

i dont have a 07 si lol i lied i got a 07 v6 accord its nice but not nice as an evo 8 i like the body style of an evo 8 and ive seen the new 2008 lancer evo X i dont like the body style on that thing evo is my dream car

Last edited by psengsouriya; Aug 20, 2007 at 03:34 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 03:38 PM

i just looked around its 5k every 6 months like 900 something WTF? i dont see how u guys get like 250
Old Aug 20, 2007, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Did you try progressive? I was 20 (almost 21) when i got mine and i was paying 220 a month for insurance through them. Everyone else wanted to charge me around 300-400 a month. This was in atlanta, ga and i have a wreck on my record. Now im 22 and i just moved to Reno, NV and my insurance went from 180 down to 160 and its gonna go down to 140 or so in 3 months.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

For some reason Progressive also had extremely low rate for me as well when I was back in WI with s2k, state farm was cheap for other friends. Geico is very expensive but they're very dependable from what I heard, but all that matters is that the insurance pays when theres an accident and they're available all the time (have 24hr hotline) which they generally do. Try getting quotes from independant small to medium size companies as well, they have good rates.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

It all really depends on where you live. Currently I'm living in Chicago with no record and at 24 years old I'm paying around 235 a month. Now just for kicks I called up my old insurance provider before I moved out here from Ohio, and in Ohio with full coverage it would run me 110 a month. $115 a month difference alone due to location! Now after I turn 25 (dec. of this year) in chicago it'll drop down to 210 a month, and in Ohio it would be 90-95 a month for an 05' VIII.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

i live in baltimore md and im 18 and i pay 295 a month
Old Aug 20, 2007, 09:15 PM

thinkin about insruance with this car makes my head hurt i might just get a fricken 07 civic si brand new
Old Aug 20, 2007, 09:19 PM

thinkin about insruance with this car makes my head hurt i might just get a fricken 07 civic si brand new they about the same price and insruance is way cheaper for the si
Old Aug 20, 2007, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

I dont normally like hondas, but im a big fan of the new Civic Si. If i had 20k or so to get a good DD thats what i would go with... That or a Mazdaspeed 3. Also check those out as well if your shopping. Dyno4mance back in GA had one that they were using a project and i had a ride in it. Very quick and i can vouch that they can run low 13's stock. Im suggesting this car because sedans/5 doors normally have cheaper insurance. The insurance on my old 240sx was more than the Evo and the 240 was over 10 years old.