Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Chicago nebie

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2007, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago nebie

I just got my evo 9 and its the best. I didnt even know how to drive stick when i got it so a friend of mine had to bring it to my house from the dealer because i couldnt . Damn that sucked. But now i know how to drive it and i already made my 1st mod. I have the ingen intake with upper and lower intercooler pipes. For my 2nd mod i want to get a TBE but i think the QTP cutout might be better. What do you guys think???
Old Aug 23, 2007, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the car.

Although, I would advise against modding it right away. If this is your first performance car, you should spend some time getting used to the stock car before you crazy with the modifications. Im not judging you, but some people don't know how to responsibly handle the power. That's why theres such a high rate of accidents in Evos.

Whatever you end up doing, enjoy the car! I know I love mine.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheBlueBlur
Although, I would advise against modding it right away. If this is your first performance car, you should spend some time getting used to the stock car before you crazy with the modifications. Im not judging you, but some people don't know how to responsibly handle the power. That's why theres such a high rate of accidents in Evos.
^ Couldn't have said it better. You just got an evo, and like any car, You need some time to get comfortable driving it. Especially since you also just learned how to drive stick.
In regards to the TBE and the exhaust cut out, I would stay away from the exhaust cut out.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 03:24 PM

True i should get to know it better thanks.

But why do you think i sould stay a way from the cut out???
Old Aug 24, 2007, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats! It's always good to get another Chicago Evo. It's already been said, so I won't tell you to get used to the Evo before modding. Oops, I just did, didn't I? Seriously, I was in a similar boat as you when I got mine back in 2003. I knew how to drive stick, but this was the first stick car I owned. I gradually added mods, which worked well for me to learn the car and notice the power increases with each mod.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by SilverStreak
Congrats! It's always good to get another Chicago Evo. It's already been said, so I won't tell you to get used to the Evo before modding. Oops, I just did, didn't I? Seriously, I was in a similar boat as you when I got mine back in 2003. I knew how to drive stick, but this was the first stick car I owned. I gradually added mods, which worked well for me to learn the car and notice the power increases with each mod.
Damn, at lease you knew how to drive stick i tried a day b4 i got the car on my bro's Z06 but it didnt work out.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 07:55 AM

What part of Chicago?