Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Clutch and Launching

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ease on the throttle till it hits the limiter, then floor it. You can go straight to the floor at first, but this is more likely to cause knock and that's not good. You will be at full throttle when you let out the clutch.

Begin your launch like you would any other car with moderate to quick slip. Once it grabs let out FAST. Don't completely drop it, but move about as fast as your foot will let you. If you smell the clutch (you'll know it if you smell the clutch) you are moving too slow.

The clutch smells like ... well, the clutch. A hot clutch and hot brakes smell similar ... it's bad smelling kind of like burnt plastic, but different. You'll know it if it smells ... when you think to yourself, "What the hell is that smell coming from my car," then you'll know what the clutch smells like.

Good luck and happy racing!
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Ah the smell of burnt toast and singed hair....
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you dont launch the car i think you should grow some ()() and just do it all you have to remember don't trip slip not too low not too high

i launch mine at 6k slipping it nice 60 ft times 12.6 quarter 7.9 8th 24xxx miles on the stock clutch 25+ launches and its just now starting to slip
Old Sep 6, 2007, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What i do,

I 2/step it, hits the rev limit. realase the clutch a little, so i can feel the car wants to go! and slip it really fast! - clean launch, no smelly clutch.

I replaced my stock clutch at 45K

Last edited by tweakdsm; Sep 6, 2007 at 01:28 PM.