Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

College Evo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
College Evo

I was just wondering how good of a car the Evo is or college? in terms of gas, storage room, transportation. Any Comments, Tips, or past experiences would be helpful!
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Gas mileage sucks but no worse than a small SUV. I personally wouldnt take mine to school because my old Mirage got hit more times than Paris Hilton. I waited till I gradutated then bought one right away.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What?!
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, you normally don't buy an Evo for college transportation, but ...

Storage space is good. Large trunk and 4 doors. It's good for hauling friends to parties ... or the package store ...

Gas mileage is pretty bad though. If you don't go out much it would be fine.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:28 AM

If you're planning on DD'ing more than like 1-200mi a week, with misc. college stuff, it's really not the best.. Like, you'd be putting all this mileage and wear just from grocery getting and taking care of misc. bull**** instead of really driving it.

But if you can afford it, by no means does that mean you shouldn't own one. Just get a semi-beater DD.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
I have one and I'm in school... A lot of times I end up chauffeuring people around, and I've put a lot of miles on it just going back and forth on campus. But I don't regret having it for one second =] Storage space including the boot is actually not bad at all, I've been able to carry a surprising amount. Then again I do wish I had a beater to do it all in.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Awful college car if your **** about the condition of your ride. All it takes is one drunken frat boy on a Friday night, and your car will be keyed. Trust me, wait 4 years. Not to mention the costly service and maintinence items the Evo requires.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Honestly save the money and buy a beater. Nice car at a college usually get hit, broken into, not properly taken care of, less money for other important things like booze, sex in the back of an evo is not comfortable.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Im in school and we also have about 4 or 5 others around here. Its alot of fun driving around a college town in a evo, BUT when i get my first door ding im gonna be pissed. I have to worry about my car all the time, and worry about where i park and so on and so forth. Its fun but lots of college people are still immature and will mess with it just because its a evo. Gas wise, it sucks. Thats my biggest cost. I have a personal finance class and we had to track all of our cash inflow and outflow and i spend more on gas than beer, lol. Good luck to you
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dnealy
Im in school and we also have about 4 or 5 others around here. Its alot of fun driving around a college town in a evo, BUT when i get my first door ding im gonna be pissed. I have to worry about my car all the time, and worry about where i park and so on and so forth. Its fun but lots of college people are still immature and will mess with it just because its a evo. Gas wise, it sucks. Thats my biggest cost. I have a personal finance class and we had to track all of our cash inflow and outflow and i spend more on gas than beer, lol. Good luck to you
that's ridiculous

And you go to clemson....so MANY hotties it is not even funny.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 11:59 AM

I go to a community college and its fine (knock on wood). I have seen 2 other sti's that go to my school as well. I just park way in the back trying to stay away from everyone else; the storage is great and a great car to roll up in with your "homies". hahaha
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

haha the sex isnt so bad in the back seat man!
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

I had mine for a month while at school, and I was worried every second it was in campus parking lot. It also wasn't a good area (trenton, NJ) so I had to really worry about that. Unless you were going to a school with plenty of parking in a nice area I'd say wait till later. Get an old wrangler, they're the best and you'll never have to cart around a bunch of drunk friends.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tehforbes
haha the sex isnt so bad in the back seat man!
^+1.
~
We have about 5 or 6 Evos in the Erie area, all are different colors except for the white MR like my regular iX . What color is yours?
Old Sep 6, 2007, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Crimson_Phoenix
^+1.
~
We have about 5 or 6 Evos in the Erie area, all are different colors except for the white MR like my regular iX . What color is yours?
Did you buy your white EvoIX from the 26th street dealer "bayfront automotive" that one was sick as hell?! i know they had a White IX there, untill someone bought it, then they got a Graphite Gray IX, and its just as nice (It is still on the lot). i know of a few other evos in the Erie area. theres a YellowVIII that lives near 8th and Lincoln (driven by a 55 year old dad lol), theres a Red EvoVIII that lives down by Mcdowell high school and a SilverVIII that lives downtown somewhere around the starbucks downtown. Ive also seen another SilverVIII up by the mall with a CF hood, BOV and thats all i saw before it turn down the road, and i also saw a yellow EvoVIII with back pouder coated stalk rims at Best Buy one day, and theres also a yellow lancer with an evo wing and tails, and Chrome wheels, i have seen it a few times...

Last edited by HelMeterIX; Sep 6, 2007 at 06:57 PM.

Quick Reply: College Evo