Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

STP Octane Booster

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2007, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOS does not raise 91 to 97 octane. It raises it six points, thus 91 to 91.6. If you want something in a bottle that is proven to work, look into torco.

http://www.torcostore.com/p-84-accel...rate-32oz.aspx
Old Sep 16, 2007, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SCEvol8
NOS does not raise 91 to 97 octane. It raises it six points, thus 91 to 91.6. If you want something in a bottle that is proven to work, look into torco.

http://www.torcostore.com/p-84-accel...ate-32oz.asepx

Actually if you have ever used it, it raises it 6 octane points which would be 60. Do some research before you post. That is all. I guess I assumed people knew what I was talking about. Thats what I get for assuming...
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

I did research before posting and my post was based off a lot of searching on this board where consensus appears to be those bottles that state "raises 6 octane points" does not equal 96 octane, but 91.6 octane (have you read the numerous threads devoted to this very subject where it is reiterated many times over?). Real octane boost is achieved in other ways....STP, Nos, and all the others you can buy at your local auto zone and Kragen are gimmicks....but I guess I don't know what I'm talking about even though I have reiterated what has been stated time and time again on evom.

EDIT: I'm not gonna get into a pissing match over octane boosters...just sharing what I have learned on evom and the fact that my car physically runs better when running the more expensive Torco (don't know about actual horse power gains, but it seems to pull harder....but we all know how accurrate butt dyno's are). If you're happy with Nos or STP, great. I'm happy with Torco even though it is more expensive. No need to bicker....let's just go out and drive the car we are priveleged to own

Last edited by SCEvol8; Sep 17, 2007 at 12:52 PM.