Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

IX SE trim?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2007, 12:38 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are you people paying for the GSR that a $1850 SE package isn't worth it? I paid $32,3 for my MR SE new.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

i dont know what yall are talking about that the ssl seats are horrible. They are the same seats just wrapped in that beautiful leather!!! I got ssl seats in my 03 and i love it!! that car changes from lookin like a sports car to a sports luxury car. I always get compliments on how bad *** the seats are. Granted the SE has it small perks but no sunroof and most ppl will change the rims anyways like stated before i really dont see the big deal....but the hid's are sweeeeet.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
What are you people paying for the GSR that a $1850 SE package isn't worth it? I paid $32,3 for my MR SE new.
damn, that is cheap. did you get employee discount?
Old Sep 23, 2007, 02:13 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Dingo7
i dont know what yall are talking about that the ssl seats are horrible. They are the same seats just wrapped in that beautiful leather!!! I got ssl seats in my 03 and i love it!! that car changes from lookin like a sports car to a sports luxury car. I always get compliments on how bad *** the seats are. Granted the SE has it small perks but no sunroof and most ppl will change the rims anyways like stated before i really dont see the big deal....but the hid's are sweeeeet.

There you have it...You just answered your own question.

Most Evo owners don't want a "sports luxury car"

I feel that the leather takes away from the sportiness of the Evo and that the Red stiched Recaros are perfect as they are
Old Sep 23, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
^ And on top of that, I didn't think the leather Recaros were as effective, since I felt like the less grippy leather allowed me to slide a bit left and right during cornering.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 03:15 PM

I love my SE..everything i wanted.... i dont belive they could have made a better car for DD
Old Sep 23, 2007, 03:15 PM

o 1 more thing i paid 29k for my se with 4 miles
Old Sep 23, 2007, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

The SE also has the different interior bits. Like the black steering wheel instead of brushed aluminum. It just looks nicer to me. There's also the fake carbon fiber insert on the dash, which is a bit lame...but whatever. I've never been a big fan of the ricer-ific interior stuff.

The front lip, the wheels, the seats, and the HID's are plenty for me. If you get the SSL for the wheels and then want to upgrade the stereo later, you'll have more trouble because of the silly factory amp/sub. With the "stock" stereo that the SE has, it isn't an issue. Also, the SSL leather seats aren't my cup of tea.

The Evo 9 SE looks and feels a lot like the Evo 6 TME.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

well the fact that i got my ssl interior for my car for 150 bucks was plenty of reason to do it. i understand with the siding that LITTLE bit but its not like you are gonna really go anywhere. and the black steering wheel and the "carbon fiber" dash that comes on all the 9's. You have to say wat you are getting for the money not factory options that are standard in all 9's. The mr roof, wheels, and front lips, and the stiching is what you are paying for thats it nothing more. The MR you get all that and the crap tranny.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

...and the black steering wheel and the "carbon fiber" dash that comes on all the 9's. You have to say wat you are getting for the money not factory options that are standard in all 9's...

Ah, I thought these were "SE only" things. I guess that's what I get for being out of the country for 2 years and returning and selling my 2004 Evo 8 RS and buying a 2006 Evo 9 SE within something like 3 days of returning.

Hell, I thought that the lack of red stickers on the door locks was an "SE only" option at first until someone on here told me that all of the Evo 9's were without them.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

You have to say wat you are getting for the money not factory options that are standard in all 9's. The mr roof, wheels, and front lips, and the stiching is what you are paying for thats it nothing more. The MR you get all that and the crap tranny.
Well when you put it that way... on top of the price of a standard IX...

$1850 for SE package
$3120 for SSL package
$4900 for MR

It just depends on how much you're willing to spend for the extra amenities that each model offers.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had a moon roof in my 03 and I miss it on my 06 but I like having the aluminum roof. I've never been a fan of SSL but this thread isn't about SSL or the MR its about the SE vs GSR. Is the SE worth the $1850.

I never really priced out the SE vs GSR I always thought it was more than $2000 but if it s not then I guess its not that big of an expense to get a limited production EVO.

The HIDs, BBS, Al roof, alone make it nice to have..... whether or not its worth it to you is up to you.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 09:11 AM

the SE also has the leather door panels correct?
Old Sep 24, 2007, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
no
Old Sep 24, 2007, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

The SE is just the bomb-diggity. Theoretically speaking, it should be slightly quicker than most other Evo IXs (not counting the RS), seeing how it's lighter than the IX, SSL and MR (but it takes certain lightweight parts from this model, even though the IX was already lighter to begin with).

As a side note, I just recent made a 220-mile round trip and got the BEST gas mileage I have ever gotten between my two Evos... 26.22 mpg, which exceeded my previous best on my other Evo (a IX) by an entire mpg, which both situations being under very similar circumstances. Who knows, maybe the slightly lower weight might help out.

Quick Reply: IX SE trim?