Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo TME vs s2000

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2007, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you need a reality check man....
Old Oct 22, 2007, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the two cars are on two different levels.

awd vs rwd

turbo vs na

4 door vs 2 door

5 seater vs 2 seater

sedan vs roadster

mitsu vs honda? lol

i wouldnt do it. IMO the s2k cant replace a evo. sure the s2k would make an awesome daily driver...but i wouldnt sell the evo for a s2k
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

hondas are for ppl who can't drive fast or who never want to drive fast. yes the S2K is more aerodynamic than the evo but i assure u, it is about 2/3rds as fast as your TME. u own the greatest EVO of All Time!!! keep it, sell the Boxster & get a Cayman. sell the IS300 & get an IS350 which bone stock runs 13.8's @ 100!!!!

Hondas are for Sissies & u don't want to be in that category. not to mention they have no TORQUE! Torque is what makes cars fast. horsepower gives u a an idea of topspeed. the S2K has less than 1/2 the torque of ur evo so y look at a slower car unless u want to start going slow???

u wanna go slow, i'll swap my Land Rover LR3 for ur TME. then u willhave the fastest Offroad vehicle!!!
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

The reason s2k is a 'crap car' to most of you is because you are all thinking of only straight line and driven by average drivers. Or maybe some highway cruise or trip to grocery.

The term 'Honda' in your mind dictionary would change if you try becoming a passenger of decently weight reduced s2k driven by a skilled driver in a twisty road.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4Trouble
The reason s2k is a 'crap car' to most of you is because you are all thinking of only straight line and driven by average drivers. Or maybe some highway cruise or trip to grocery.

The term 'Honda' in your mind dictionary would change if you try becoming a passenger of decently weight reduced s2k driven by a skilled driver in a twisty road.
but the TME is alot better in handling too!
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4Trouble

S2k's can't even run in the same roadracing class bcuz they can't keep up!!! now if the EVO was normally aspirated then u would have an arguement, but even if the S was turbo, it would still get beat on the road course because everyone knows that AWD is the platform to have for maximum grip!!
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Doesn't Honda mean

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Anyways I think the S2000 is a great car, it's just that it has no *****(power)
I love autoX, but I need some power as well, also revving to 5K+ just to hit Vtec is kind of pathetic. The car only feels a tad bit faster, Still it's up to you it's your car do what you want. If you need yet another DD then get it, If not just keep it. The TME is the best Evo ever made. Just try to legalize it and then DD it.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

^ VAFC (vtec controller) can fix that. lol
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

I agree the TME is a really nice car and rare (but not in Hong Kong). But it is overrated in the states, just like R34 GT-R. It is only about 100lbs lighter than CT9A and suspension is slightly inferior. Anything powertrain/drivetrain is inferior for sure. It may have some advantages interms of 'at the limit' handling, since the center of gravity is probably lower a bit and the car is little more compact but overall in every lap, I don't see how it will excel over a VIII/VIII MR/IX/IX MR.
The Fifth Gear video of VI TME vs IX (not sure if it was FQ-320) is probably one of the very few resources for people living in the states to 'see' how a TME performs but it was biased at best. The lady clearly mentions in the beginning that the VI TME is her favorite EVO and is not going to lose.
TME is regarded as the best looking EVO so far (including me) but it is difficult to say it is superior to any other versions so far, it is possible but the chances are low.

However, there are few cars you can pick trims that have been probably the rarest and best performing that is JDM:
- Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec II Nur (the fancy 500hp Nismo one doesn't count since they were built on used cars)
- Mazda RX-7 (FD3S) Spirit R (type RZ is just as good but not as rare
- Subaru Impreza WRX STi (GDB) Spec-C Type RA-R (basically an S204 with spec-C weight)
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

EVO's are definately fast cars no doubt about that, they will beat s2k in pretty much any race than maybe some parking lot auto-x's heavily modded or stock.
But what I'm saying is that when s2k is driven well, it'll surprise a lot of people, when they are stripped, they do some insane track times.
A lot of Honda tuner cars (ASM, J's Racing, Amuse, Spoon etc) have their cars putting down 300whp NA and weigh close to 2000lbs (ASM car doing below 2000).
The ASM version lapped like 2 seconds better than an F50 did on a 1 minute track (but cyber evo bests that by another 3-4 sec) so they are pretty fast.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

wow dont trade that youll be sad if u do you got a work of art right there, s2000 is not bad but how many are there in the U.S compared to that beast u got there
Old Oct 23, 2007, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

whoa whoa while civic's and other honda's are sissy cars the s2k isnt.... ya its slow and lacks power big time its still a sick car and one of the best 2 seaters out there. They are fun as hell to drive and while i wish i had boost n awd a boosted s2k is a beast. So yeah i'd take the evo over it but callin it a sissy car now thats takin it a little too far.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

If you really want to trade it, go trade it in for a new/used evo VIII or IX lol
Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Eh Vtec controllers the car is still slow.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 03:32 PM

i would never trade an evo for an s2000 keep the evo