Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

How Much Power Should I Expect?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2007, 08:09 PM
EMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Much Power Should I Expect?

Ok, so I'm new here even though Ive had my evo for nearly two years...at first I decided not to mod my car.....buuuut I couldn't help it...So my question is for you people that have gotten tuned and know more or less what kinda numbers ill be making. I'm getting tuned this SAT so I dont want to expect more than what is achievable with the following mods for an 03 EVO 8:

- Injen intake system with upper and lower intercooler pipping
- Megan 02 housing
- Injen downpipe
- Invidia test pipe
- HKS catback
- Hallman MBC
- HkS fuelrail
- HKS fuel pressure regulator
- RC 750cc injectors
- Walbro 255 fuel pump
- NGK one step colder spark plugs

I plan to eventually upgrade turbos so thats why some of these were recommended to me as supporting mods so I wont have to worry about them later. Any help will be appreciated thanks a lot. OOHH by the way if I should post this somewhere else to get more input please let me know....I just put it here cuz im a newbie and I thought I sure put it here first

Last edited by EMC; Nov 1, 2007 at 08:22 PM. Reason: add some info
Old Nov 1, 2007, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

I was gonna say... you have a bunch of unnecessary mods on there for a stock turbo. Where is the 10.5 hotside? Injen uicp/licp is overpriced, more than one piece and not a good design in general in my opinion (I had it on my 03). Get a one piece from AMS. Also, I wouldn't install the new spark plugs and the injectors just yet. It'll take only 20 minutes to put those on anyways. If you're planning on going with a bigger turbo get an extra set of those 1 step colder ones and keep them along with the injectors until you get tuned with the bigger turbo. Also, where are the cams? Thats where the power is at
Old Nov 1, 2007, 08:42 PM
EMC

hahaha no hotside and no cams...my buddy actually told me not to mess with cams just yet...he tells me that they are not worth it and to do it when i have no other mods and want to get those extra 10-15 horses...i don't really know though what do you think?
Old Nov 1, 2007, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

I think a little over 300 whp will be my guess. Like 34 turbo said, don't do the fuel rail, injectors, and FPR untill you plan on throwing down 500 or so horses. The 8 can be a torquey monster if you tune it correctly but like 34 turbo said also those mods really don't fit well with each other and yes the 10.5 hotside will be needed.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

keep the stock plugs until you reach around 380 or so plus.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Hotside and cams will definately help. You should be making some decent power with those mods though. Not great power but just decent. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say 260 awhp on 21 psi. I don't know about that 91 octane you got in California, that will hurt your numbers.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 08:53 PM
Account Disabled

well what kind of dyno is this going to be on
Old Nov 1, 2007, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

I'm makin 276whp and 300ft lbs of torque at the wheels with ported headers,02 housing, 10.5 hotside, hks downpipe, buschur 3'' catback, buschur licp, works filter, and works P2R reflash with 21psi at 91 on an exedy twin HD clutch. So I would kinda guess it would be more sinse he's gonna have the test pipe and intercooler pipes with intake. I dunno maybe it could be the oil I use hehe.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 08:58 PM
EMC

Thanks for the replies I guess I gotta get myself some new parts huh? but since Im getting tuned already Im going to have to wait...and ya it sucks that we have ****ty 91 octane here in cali....
Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:00 PM
EMC

I think its gonna be a dynojet
Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

at least we have the WORKS tuners. oops but I still use buschur parts ha, gotta have the best of both worlds.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrMejia
I'm makin 276whp and 300ft lbs of torque at the wheels with ported headers,02 housing, 10.5 hotside, hks downpipe, buschur 3'' catback, buschur licp, works filter, and works P2R reflash with 21psi at 91 on an exedy twin HD clutch. So I would kinda guess it would be more sinse he's gonna have the test pipe and intercooler pipes with intake. I dunno maybe it could be the oil I use hehe.
To think of it, he might be making more similar numbers with your numbers or less. You have a ported manifold, 02 housing, and 10.5 hotside. Those are some pretty strong mods. Oh yeah, the buschur catback also yielded the highest hp last I checked.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

why thank u sir, I do my homework and I'm happy someone appreciates what I've done. too bad I have to sell my creation .
Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EMC
Thanks for the replies I guess I gotta get myself some new parts huh? but since Im getting tuned already Im going to have to wait...and ya it sucks that we have ****ty 91 octane here in cali....
I'm giving you that number also because I don't want you to get dissapointed after your dyno. If you go to the dyno expecting low numbers, you won't be let down no matter what, unless something goes wrong. You should be above 260 for sure. Good luck and update us with your results.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:20 PM
EMC

Originally Posted by EvoHung
I'm giving you that number also because I don't want you to get dissapointed after your dyno. If you go to the dyno expecting low numbers, you won't be let down no matter what, unless something goes wrong. You should be above 260 for sure. Good luck and update us with your results.
Ya ill post it up on sat afternoon when i get back and thanks for your help

Quick Reply: How Much Power Should I Expect?