Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.
View Poll Results: Was YO Parts unjustly expelled from EvoM?
Yes, YO Parts deserves to be here just like any other company.
80.00%
No, YO Parts and their business model threatened the integrity of our community.
20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

YO Parts Fiasco

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve@TopLevelAuto
their pricing IS significantly cheaper on MOST parts, not ALL.

AND I dont care what anyone says, buy an EBC from them and have it be defective to the point where it doesnt work properly and Greddy (example) says they dont take it back and YOparts has to eat it. Because things like that DO happen and let me see them do that.

ive ran into this same scenario with vendors other then yoparts and the manufacturer is just as reluctant to honor their warranty on an item, it doesnt matter if the vendor is yoparts or toplevelauto. Im sure you wouldnt be too quick to eat anything you shouldnt have to either. That is the whole purpose of having manufacturers warranties. Ive seen some of the vendors mentioned in this thread ice skate their way around claiming the part they sold me was faulty even after pictures, measurements were taken etc.... so, i dont really see the significance of this point. Honestly, im sure if this situation did happen, i think tom would do his best to handle the situation, just like you would.

afterall, their vendor actions were never in question until after the boot. they didnt have any complaints from anyone other then vendors that i am aware of. i know every time i have ever contacted them for price quotes, they go out of their way to make sure i have what i need whether i order the item from them or not.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by h.funk
We all like cheep parts. Everyone in the world wants a deal. Yoparts was trying to make that happen. I know some people one here that get there **** for free or wholesale cause they kiss ***. And then they put sponsored by evom vendors in there screen name
I can assure you that no one will get free parts for just putting a company name in one's signature. It may get you a bit of a better deal sometimes... but free will not happen.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:33 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 201Motorsports
This did not happen because the vendors of EvoM are trying to form a monopoly in order to drive the cost of parts up. This happened in order to keep the smaller businesses alive, maintain the integrity and value of the current products on the market, and to allow this industry to continue to grow.
This happened to preserve the integrity of the community and the industry. There are die hard Evo vendors that have put in countless time and energy into the Evo community, both here and nationwide.

To let any John Doe off the street come in with little to no product knowledge and violate "minimum advertised pricing" manufacturer rules is a dis-service to the customer as well as the industry. Why would any business let a low price ***** run off the valuable dedicated vendors that support this very community with technical assistance, informative threads, dyno testing, troubleshooting and the like.

When is the last time yopartstom has dyno tested back to back Evo parts so that the consumer has the best information in making a product decision. When is the last time yopartstom has posted a caution thread that a particular brand of camshaft needs better quality control and documented first hand experience why. When is the last time yopartstom has taken the time to test a stock evo8 fuel pump against an Evo9 fuel pump against a walbro fuel pump and documented the results so evom members have a better understanding of why and when you need to upgrade your fuel pump? When has yopartstom posted a tutorial on how to use Ecuflash to empower the consumer to use available tools to become more self sufficient and able to utilize the eflash product?

The answer is never and it would have never happened. There is value in supporting the evom vendors who support YOU.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 201Motorsports
I can assure you that no one will get free parts for just putting a company name in one's signature. It may get you a bit of a better deal sometimes... but free will not happen.
No! I know. I have Slow Boy Racing due to the fact that the sevice was great and had a good experience. We know who gets free/wholesale parts on here and its not in there sig.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
This happened to preserve the integrity of the community and the industry. There are die hard Evo vendors that have put in countless time and energy into the Evo community, both here and nationwide.

To let any John Doe off the street come in with little to no product knowledge and violate "minimum advertised pricing" manufacturer rules is a dis-service to the customer as well as the industry. Why would any business let a low price ***** run off the valuable dedicated vendors that support this very community with technical assistance, informative threads, dyno testing, troubleshooting and the like.

When is the last time yopartstom has dyno tested back to back Evo parts so that the consumer has the best information in making a product decision. When is the last time yopartstom has posted a caution thread that a particular brand of camshaft needs better quality control and documented first hand experience why. When is the last time yopartstom has taken the time to test a stock evo8 fuel pump against an Evo9 fuel pump against a walbro fuel pump and documented the results so evom members have a better understanding of why and when you need to upgrade your fuel pump? When has yopartstom posted a tutorial on how to use Ecuflash to empower the consumer to use available tools to become more self sufficient and able to utilize the eflash product?

The answer is never and it would have never happened. There is value in supporting the evom vendors who support YOU.

Very good point TTP.

Mitch
Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
either way, YOPARTS is still in business. they are just not a member of this site. i received the same PM as anyone else that had already spoken with them or done business with them. it does seem shady to boot them, but the other vendors also make a great point. they are not on this site, but they are still alive
Old Nov 27, 2007, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

So are they banned for life? or is this just a temp? I like all the vendors on here but for us do it your selfers. We like cheep parts
Old Nov 27, 2007, 03:32 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by h.funk
So are they banned for life? or is this just a temp? I like all the vendors on here but for us do it your selfers. We like cheep parts
They are not banned. They are no longer an evom vendor.

There are great vendors here, each with niche pricing on certain lines of products.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

they are banned... because of their last actions as they were being booted, charles said they are not welcome back and their member accounts have been blocked or closed as well.

as i stated before... you can find the pricing yoparts offered thru the vendors already here, you just have to search door to door until you find them. Yoparts is still open, just have no affiliation with this site
Old Nov 27, 2007, 03:52 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by bigric09
they are banned... because of their last actions as they were being booted, charles said they are not welcome back and their member accounts have been blocked or closed as well.

as i stated before... you can find the pricing yoparts offered thru the vendors already here, you just have to search door to door until you find them. Yoparts is still open, just have no affiliation with this site
Well good then. If they acted like children, they should be treated as such. Farewell.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

thats the part i agreed with, they violated some serious site rules on the way out, no bridges for a return trip.... it happens.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

I find this entire issue amusing.

My thoughts:

- Kudos to Y0parts for coming up with a good marketing scheme
- Shame on Y0parts for being, in effect, sore losers
- Kudos to EvoM for recognizing what effect a vendor like Yoparts . com will have on the overall industry (Evo-specific in this case), and kudos for making what I would consider the morally correct decision (my opinion only)
- Kudos to AMS for standing up for all the 'little guys'
- Shame on all the vendors whining about small profit margins. If you think your profit margins are small, try running a supermarket.
- Kudos to all the little guys for trying to add value to our community
- Kudos to all the customers that still shop with the little guys, because they like the service and don't mind spending a little more time/effort/money to keep them around
- Kudos to all the people who don't want to pay the extra markup for well-known brands and who shop at places like Y0parts. Nothing wrong with making your hard earned, devalued $$ go further.

However, in the end all of this is moot, IMO. We live in a relatively unregulated free market economy, which means that economies of scale generally win in the long run. The simple fact is that over the years it has become increasingly difficult for the small shops to survive (in any industry). The advent of the internet has breathed new life for a lot of small business owners, but it also means that changes in the marketplace happen much faster than they used to. This is the reality, folks. Deal with it. Will bigger retailers begin to wholesale directly to the public? Of course they will. Will smaller shops fall by the wayside? Yep. This is just pure free market economics, and for those that are confused, has absolutely nothing to do with copying what others have created/manufactured. That's an entirely different issue altogether.

l8r)

Last edited by Ludikraut; Nov 27, 2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
we have learned that we need to do our best to get customers in our doors, and see that we are a service based company..

because margins are low on parts....

CB
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering

Thank you.

Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

So when do us as consumers get special War..... pricing?

Quick Reply: YO Parts Fiasco