Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

just curious... road track or drag track?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2008, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just curious... road track or drag track?

Well just like the title says. I was wondering which type of racing you guys prefer either the drag track or the road courses. I only have experience in the drag racing field since I would only wind up being dissapointed if I were to take my camaro to a road course. (makes the wait for a evo even more irratating since their is supposedly a road course in the making around my area.)

Feel free to post your reasons. Also if you would like u can post up details of your vehicle and maybe even some times.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I really like road course but it gets too expensive because you go through so much brakes and tires. I do some drag but not a lot.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I like the drag strip, but then again the only road course near me is far far away. (and what the above poster said, tires, brakes...$$)
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Road Course>everything else.

Do you like to turn?

Do you like to brake?

These cars have more of an advantage doing those two things than accelerating over cars cost 2-3 times as much with some simple tweaks, if you only drag your evo you will never fully appreciate it.

Scorke
Old Jan 27, 2008, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by 1993blackz28
I only have experience in the drag racing field since I would only wind up being dissapointed if I were to take my camaro to a road course. (makes the wait for a evo even more irratating since their is supposedly a road course in the making around my area.)

Feel free to post your reasons. Also if you would like u can post up details of your vehicle and maybe even some times.
I don't think you'd be disappointed, it's actually really good to start out on a road course with a car that's stock or something that's not the best road course car because then as you drive better cars or put upgrades into your current car you really get to feel and learn the differences between how the cars work and handle.

Personally, I don't care what you drive, driving on a road course is the most fun you can have with your clothes on, period.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 02:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I built my Lancer up for road tracks because if I spent the same amount of money just to make the car faster in a straight line as I have to make it corner, I'd kind of feel screwed. Plus it wouldn't be as safe to drive. Besides, my base lancer would have as much hope in a drag race as a camaro would on a road course. I love taking corners in this car, I would really miss that.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

The Evo is made for cornering. If you just want a drag car there are so many choices that are probably much less expensive, but how many cars can make you smile like the Evo coming around a turn. That is just my opinion, but that is why I have an Evo.