Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

I finally got my Evo 8 and then 2 days later... cl. fu.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jameson_IXMR
I would hope it's totaled. The damage (while repairable) to the drivetrain will likely cause alot of problems down the road, even after repaired. The trucking company is definately at fault, unless you signed for them to tow it, as there is usually a waiver of some sort in the contract...
No, i didn't sign anything, and i went to their shop that day. They were A-holes about it, but they seemed to know it was their fault.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:16 PM

omg!!! I Would have freaked out on him!!! Never, NEVER would i allow that tow truck driver to do that. Id pay for the damn tow my self and tell him to F*** Off! Man i really hope that this all works out for you. It really sucks that **** like that happens.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

sue sue, take it to judge judy, she's the bomb
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:22 PM

Thats ucks i had the same thing happened to me when somone pulled out in front om me and i crashed my car they blamed it on me it ****in sucks
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OMG thats terrible i would of never let that tow guy touch my car is he stupid! its an awd drive car all the time and hes not going to put it on a flat bed. i would deffently file a law suit for sure. that is just plane up crazy how far was the garage at? im pretty sure ur tcase and transmission is all f ed up! sry hear hope everythign goes good for u!
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

thats sucks... if that was me i dont care if the car was blocking traffic plus with the damage you got for getting hit why did'nt you just drive the car and park on the side of the road, based on those pics, i dont see any reason why it cant be driven or moved?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by evoracingstar
OMG thats terrible i would of never let that tow guy touch my car is he stupid! its an awd drive car all the time and hes not going to put it on a flat bed. i would deffently file a law suit for sure. that is just plane up crazy how far was the garage at? im pretty sure ur tcase and transmission is all f ed up! sry hear hope everythign goes good for u!
about 2 miles. If they don't total it for they straight up accident, my friend works at a car wash it passed and witnessed the car smoking the tires down the road. The wash also has video cameras so the towers can't deny anything since the cameras saw the whole thing. I'm definitely getting those tapes.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by 03RRVIII
thats sucks... if that was me i dont care if the car was blocking traffic plus with the damage you got for getting hit why did'nt you just drive the car and park on the side of the road, based on those pics, i dont see any reason why it cant be driven or moved?
The car doesn't steer. after the accident i tried to get out of the way, but the steering was non-existent, so i just went straight to the side of the curbed 2 lane road, which was the only place i could go since the car was pointing that way.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DDTPro17
P.S. I was issued a ticket for 3 points, because apparently if you don't yield to someone that RUNS A RED LIGHT then the accident is your fault. Thank you bushmasters.
Keep the picture of the car on the tow truck. You'll need it when you have to sue the towing company.

Also, I hope you got the contact information of some witnesses. Did the lady in the PT get a ticket? If she didn't, I guarantee you the reason was that she told the cop, "the light was green, he just pulled right out in front of me." He looked at some punk in a ricer vs. some lady in a 'respectable' car and decided to believe her instead of you. If you both got tickets, the cop was just being a dick. Either way I would fight it in court.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

The car doesn't steer. after the accident i tried to get out of the way, but the steering was non-existent, so i just went straight to the side of the curbed 2 lane road, which was the only place i could go since the car was pointing that way.
really? then just file a law suit im sure your differential, T-case, and tranny are messed up now. goodluck hope everything work out man!!
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

i would rather pushed it myself, before letting some idiot hook his tow truck to my car. good luck
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Well the light turned yellow and then she slowed down, i saw her nose go down drastically, i started to turn, she accelerated and hit me. She was clearly on medication, not joking she was in a drug haze but the cop wouldn't let us know what meds she was on, Illegal or legal i think i had the right to know. f'n hippa laws though.She told the cop it was green. Teenager? or 55 year old lady? The cop wouldn't even let me talk about my story.
The accident was your fault sorry to say. Failure to yield. It doesnt matter if she stops and then accelerates into you. If you pull out in front of someone going straight it is your fault
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by GTLocke13
Keep the picture of the car on the tow truck. You'll need it when you have to sue the towing company.

Also, I hope you got the contact information of some witnesses. Did the lady in the PT get a ticket? If she didn't, I guarantee you the reason was that she told the cop, "the light was green, he just pulled right out in front of me." He looked at some punk in a ricer vs. some lady in a 'respectable' car and decided to believe her instead of you. If you both got tickets, the cop was just being a dick. Either way I would fight it in court.
No, she didn't get a ticket, and it didn't help that 3 of my 17 year old friends were in the car.

żżż4 Teenagers........or.......Old bag on drugs???

i lost, bigtime on this one
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Man that whole situation just totally sucks. Sorry to hear about all the BS you've had to go through man. I would definetely be suing the towing company. You should file a complaint at the police station that the cop wouldn't even let you tell your side of the story. As for that stupid lady, she deserves a large mail bomb sent to her.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by keevo54
The accident was your fault sorry to say. Failure to yield. It doesnt matter if she stops and then accelerates into you. If you pull out in front of someone going straight it is your fault
Even when they run a red... Right i'll check into that.

Oh yeah, if thats true,( i know it is but that doesn't make it any less B******T), the cop, being fair should have issued 2 tickets. 1 to me for failure to yield, and 1 to her for running a red light.

True? or False?

Quick Reply: I finally got my Evo 8 and then 2 days later... cl. fu.