Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

I finally got my Evo 8 and then 2 days later... cl. fu.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally got my Evo 8 and then 2 days later... cl. fu.

*Update* page 6

Hey guys, new to the forum and the car, wanted to stop buy and say whats up, but then... well i need some help. I'm stuck in a very sticky situation.

So an Evo has been my dream car forever and i don't know how but my parents let me sell my honda civic si (4dr) and buy an Evo 8. Well i had the car for a whole day and a half then it happened. Some lady in a Pt Loser decided to run a red light when i was turning left and t-boned the front passenger side.

Then the tow truck guy comes with a conventional tow truck, and i told the guy, "This car needs a flatbed, its AWD, you can't tow it like this" He says that he knows he shouldn't, but he refuses to listen to me, and puts the front 2 wheels on the tow truck and the back 2 drag along the road.

So i go to wait at the collision shop to wait for my 1 1/2 day old car to pull in. And i see smoke coming from the back tires as the tow truck pulls up. I run outside with my hands in the air yelling at the guy. Then he says that it just started happening 10ft ago, and i was like. "thats why the tires had enough time to heat up and smoke"(he scratches his head), and i looked and there were 2 black tire marks going all the way down the road (keep in mind that i was driving home from discount tire on brand new snow tire @ $650).

Well he stopped right in the entrance and needed to move so people could get in and out, so he tells me he has to drag it another 10ft, and proceeds to due so. Well at that point the back wheels started spinning so in knew it was *****K. so on top of $15,000(ball park of collision guy) of cosmetic damage. I don't even know what the tow truck company ruined. Transfer case? Differentials? Gearbox? Transmission? I've never owned AWD before so i'm not exactly sure how that works.

At this point I'm hoping the insurance company totals the car, but if they don't im going to be in a lawsuit with the towing company.

And then i'm thinking about, if the car is totaled, buying it back to part it out or put the parts on a new Evo because it has: HKS 264 cams, Buschur Racing turbo-back exhaust with test pipe/Buschur muffler Buschur air filter kit, o2 housing, 10.5 hotside, manual boost controller, boost guage, turbo timer, Dynoflash mail-in tune. and a sub and a Head unit.

I don't know what to do.

Advice?

Thanks.

P.S. I was issued a ticket for 3 points, because apparently if you don't yield to someone that RUNS A RED LIGHT then the accident is your fault. Thank you bushmasters.

The first frame rail is bent, but not the main one, and the car doesn't steer.

Pt Loser

Stupid tow truck guys tow trucking stupidly

Please help me out.

Last edited by DDTPro17; Mar 19, 2008 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Update
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:53 PM

dang dude that sucks ={ why didnt you stop him from towing your car , if you dont get the amount i would go ahead and file a law suit against the tow company , man that sucks that you just had the evo for one day and the stupid Bi*** decided on that day she was gona run the red light
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

That's wack man... hope everything works out somehow.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:56 PM

I know, the firemen(2 different guys), police officer, and me all told the tow guy this but he wouldn't listen, and i couldn't stop him cause the car was in the middle of the street, stopping the flow of traffic.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
#1 u shouldnt have let the tow guy take it... period... no exceptions

Did the police report blame you or the lady, I dont see why they would write you a ticket if its her fault...

Now that you need a new tc, rear diff, fender, front door, and side skirt.

That looks like to be the only damage.. the hit was high enough where i doubt it touched the chassis.

You may have totaled your own car... Sorry....
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

I'm very sorry for your loss. If the situation happened just like you described you should find a lawyer and go after the tow truck driver. Also, why did they issue you a ticket if the other driver ran a red? Are they saying you turned on red?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

I don't understand in you PS comment how if that person failed to yield it's your fault. At worst it would be a 50-50 thing. Not a lawyer or anything that's just common sense. I would check into that for sure as to me it sounds like BS.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Sue, man, just sue, they screwed you bad. The Toe Truck Driver caused more damage then teh accident, I mean THOUSANDS of dollars, your car is done.

Last edited by High_PSI; Jan 29, 2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

I would of beat da **** out of the guy no offense. He's not doing his job right. That explains it all "Stupid is what Stupid does" so many people in this world are just so freaken slow..
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by 4WS@TopLevelAuto
#1 u shouldnt have let the tow guy take it... period... no exceptions

Did the police report blame you or the lady, I dont see why they would write you a ticket if its her fault...

Now that you need a new tc, rear diff, fender, front door, and side skirt.

That looks like to be the only damage.. the hit was high enough where i doubt it touched the chassis.

You may have totaled your own car... Sorry....
They said they had to clear the road, and he wouldn't listen. And i don't know how old you are but i'm 17 and no one listens to teenagers no matter what. I got screwed bad.

Originally Posted by lonepatrone
I'm very sorry for your loss. If the situation happened just like you described you should find a lawyer and go after the tow truck driver. Also, why did they issue you a ticket if the other driver ran a red? Are they saying you turned on red?
Well the light turned yellow and then she slowed down, i saw her nose go down drastically, i started to turn, she accelerated and hit me. She was clearly on medication, not joking she was in a drug haze but the cop wouldn't let us know what meds she was on, Illegal or legal i think i had the right to know. f'n hippa laws though.She told the cop it was green. Teenager? or 55 year old lady? The cop wouldn't even let me talk about my story.

Last edited by DDTPro17; Jan 29, 2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Ya i would say your car is totaled. Damn! talk about insult to injury
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

that sucks man good luck... hope ur okay aswell
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I would hope it's totaled. The damage (while repairable) to the drivetrain will likely cause alot of problems down the road, even after repaired. The trucking company is definately at fault, unless you signed for them to tow it, as there is usually a waiver of some sort in the contract...
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

dam man..that blows..sorry to hear that
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
15K is a HIGH HIGH ESTIMATE too. You are getting fuct at every turn man, I mean, wow.

Quick Reply: I finally got my Evo 8 and then 2 days later... cl. fu.