Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

What it takes to hang with a supra

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2008, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i like this thread .
Old Feb 5, 2008, 03:41 AM
Evolved Member

I think the opposite; this thread is pretty pointless.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 07:34 AM

Yet you chose to post in it? That is interesting.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

lots of $$ and the right people touching the car..
Old Feb 5, 2008, 08:35 AM

Get out your checkbook: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...spagenameZWDVW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deuvyLQ7mnk
Old Feb 5, 2008, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Buy a gixxer 1k and make sure you weigh about 150lbs that's about 12k not including the gym membership your going to need
Old Feb 5, 2008, 02:27 PM

I can tell others in this thread that a supra on the highway is hard to beat, once the car is rolling along the few hundred pounds of weight difference does not make a big deal, and for others who have mentioned a gt35r, it will take more than that also I raced a friend in my supra and he has an evo with a 35r making 600 whp and I pulled away from him pretty easily, also did I mention this was from a dig? Supras hook up very well, I run 315/35/16 BF Goodrich drag radials and hook well by second gear. No doubt an evo would tear a supra up on turns because with full suspension, my supra handles terrible. Don't get me wrong, I love Evo's and will hopefully be the proud owner of an 06 MR by next weekend but on the highway and the dyno, supras have the advantage. Not saying it can't be done but I do believe it is more trouble than it is worth if you are aiming to compete against the REAL top end supras like Ryan Woon's at WOTM which is making 1500 whp last time I checked.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

an evo2 with a gt4094 and devo tunning
Old Feb 5, 2008, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

**** im not even worried about a supra.... there are enough civic hatch's with boosted k20's and shiznit that im more worried about them than the supras...

there are civics around raleigh with 6-700whp plus spray and they are ridiculous on the highway

atleast when u see a supra with wide *** tires and a big *** fmic you got a clue what ur getting into./... im not even gonna lie... i have had my throat CUT by my friend in a 94 hatch with a built b18 and a 35r plus nitrous... he makes around 640whp and he walked away from me like i was a stock evo
Old Feb 5, 2008, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Man if you wanna keep up with supras make them drive in the rain or snow... or gasp even around a turn. You don't need to have a 1000hp car to have fun and be considered cool. take your time and do the work yourself, you will appreciate each second you shave off more and more. Sure 1000 hp would be nice and fun but its crazy to have on a daily driver. If you get around 375-400 AWHP you will take just about anything on the road. Go with a bigger turbo maybe not a Gt35r (big and costs a bit more then something you can still get a lot of power out of. Maybe a 20g, upgraded fuel system(255lph pump, bigger injectors), cams, alcohol injection and a good tune.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by ferrarokid
WOW,

And I was told you were actually a pretty cool guy ! ! To clear up any confusion, the car AMS is currently helping prepare, is mine. I went to them, to work with me on this project (which has nothing to do with you ).

My plans included testing at different standing mile's to get an idea of what would ultimately be required to get the car to run well at bonneville.

Your records are no doubt impressive, I was kind of hoping for a different response, considering this form of racing is usually dominated by turbo supras, and twin turbo vipers ..

As far as bringing enough to the table ? ? you have to be kidding me ! ! get a grip on your ego ! ! I think their work, and records speak for themselves.

I look foward to meeting you.

-Tommy-

-sorry for off topic-
Ferrarokid
I'm sorry if you thought that my post was directed towards you as it was not . I don't think I have ever met you and as we seem to share an interest in the same type of racing we might wind up hanging out at the track sometime.
My post was mostly directed towards alot of the people who read this forum and don't give credit to anyone unless it is AMS or Bushcur. As far as I know I am the first fast evo that has done any land speed racing at this level, and as for performance records I don't think I did to bad last year as I set a record at every track (mile) that I attended last year as well as being the third quickest evo in the united states(quarter mile). Again let me say I'm not trying to brag on myself just letting you and other people know that there are other people who can achieve good results.
I hope this clears the air between us because as you will see at the track it will be a totally us(4 cyl) againt them (supercars) affair and it would be nice to have some help on my side for a change!

Sorry for the long off topic post.
P.S.-I still say that there are evos that would give all but the most built supras a run for there money on the highway. I'm not talking about 600 hp 35r cars if your going to talk about 1000 whp suras then compare them to 1000 whp evos(GAME OVER)!
Old Feb 21, 2008, 10:25 PM

Talking setting records

I think we all knew the little white monster had the power. And as of last year your showed us all what that thing could do. I think this coming year will be quite interesting with bigger and better things.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

if u want to hang with a supra, get a supra.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

+1!