Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Good Morning EvoM

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2008, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Morning EvoM

Just wanted to say hi to everyone on the forum.

I own a GG Evo IX GSR and have a few thousand miles on it, but it's still stock. I plan to begin modding soon and plan to buy a catback to start. I was looking at something for a catback more on the quiet side (I'm from California) and was considering either the HKS Hipower, Espelier JGT500, one of the Greddy exhausts, or maybe a JIC one. I'm trying to figure out which one of these exhausts is the best in terms of quality, sound, and looks. You guys have any suggestions for a newb like me?

On another note, I can't tell you how awesome it is to own an Evo. I remember playing Gran Turismo on my playstation as a teenager and reading about strategies on how to earn credits quickly in that game. Of course the obvious answer was earn enough credits for an Evo, mod it, then win all the races the Evo could enter. When Mitsubishi brought the Evo to American I couldn't believe they would even conisider bringing such automotive perfection to America. I was destined to own one ever since...

Anyway, despite me wanting to drive the Evo like I did in Gran Turismo, in reality doing so during the morning commute is down right stupid, so drive safe everyone!
Old Feb 1, 2008, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Hey man,
Welcome to the forums!
You'll love your evo! If I were you i'd go with the Hks catback.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 08:06 AM
Account Disabled

I have the HKS Carbon Ti and it's great. Not very loud. I'm in So Cal.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

hey man whats up yea i remember those days haha
Old Feb 1, 2008, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to EVOM hombre!! I would recommend EspelirGt500 Ver.2 i have one with a DP and Cat delete since your only looking for a Catbaack the Espelir is the one you want!!! I remeber the first time i drove my Evo IX out the dealer lot smiles for days and couldnt believe i was driving one... now i cant stay away from Modding my EVO and reading FORUMS all day hahha congrats on your EVO .
Old Feb 1, 2008, 08:55 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the Espelir w/ dp and cat delete. Although its not very loud, I dont think you want it given how **** Cali cops are. For something real nice and quiet, try Greddy SP, or Cobb. I have heard of Cobb's fitting issues though.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

well, for one, welcome to the Forums. You will find yourself returning here...day in, day out, to find out the latest news. Congrats on your new car. I was an STi owner, and am now the proud owner of an Evo and things couldn't be better. GL with your car and I would suggest the HKS. It sounds real nice, personally, i would do something real quiet and do a QTP DP Cutout.

My .02
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Good afternoon!!! sorry had to throw that in there...it's not morning anymore. anyways welcome to the forums, there is a lot of good information to be found.

have fun and stay safe!
Old Feb 1, 2008, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hi hi! welcome!

modding is as addicting as crack... careful!

I picked up the Greddy TiC, changed from the Megan, which I wouldn't recommend due to poor fitment, though I've heard my case isn't the norm.

Have fun! Oh, keep on top of those fluids!
Old Feb 1, 2008, 06:03 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

About the exhausts, I really do like the espelir, but I heard it's being discontinued or it's not being imported here anymore. Anyone know anything about it? I think I would go with it if I could get a good deal on one from a seller here.

And also I'm not only thinking about a catback, but I'll probably be getting a downpipe along with the exhaust. I still don't know if I want to a full turboback since the exhaust might be way to loud then. But after that I'll raise the boost, get a tune and all that good stuff. My goal for now is to just get 300whp and then maybe work on the suspension and get some nice wheels. What do you guys think?
Old Feb 1, 2008, 06:06 PM
Former Vendor

Ahh I remember the first time I wanted an evo, the first jackie chan movie I saw with the white evo. Now 2 evo's later, over 40 toy evo's and a side business revolving around the evo, its an addiction. A damn good one though.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 11:12 AM

it will not be long after you buy your exhaust that you will have an intake then a boost cotroller then cams then so on and so on lol.