Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

IS IT STILL POSSIBLE TO GET A zero-mile IX ? *finders fee*

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=131045

check into this
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

whats saddest of all, is that when they were brand new, way back in 2006, dealers were giving a big discount cause not too many people were getting them (at least here in NYC). and now, people will slit your throat for one
plus, I recall i got a $1000 cash back coupon from the manufacturer which i won in some small contest during the "NY autoshow" in spring 2006.
i had a 3 year lease then, and couldnt get anything else.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FJF
The "SE" package for the MR consisted of a front lip, brightly finished BBS wheels, and red stitching on the seats. It was never a dealer-installed option.
Well, there was actually an Evo MR, and an Evo SE, not an Evo MRSE. So what dealers did was take an MR, and install some SE goodies. So it was in fact dealer installed. Not to be a jacka$$ but that is where the MRSE's came from.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 09:58 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jameson_IXMR
Well, there was actually an Evo MR, and an Evo SE, not an Evo MRSE.
I know there was no MR SE. That's why I used the SE name in quotes, but thanks for the correction.

So what dealers did was take an MR, and install some SE goodies. So it was in fact dealer installed. Not to be a jacka$$ but that is where the MRSE's came from.
1. The appearance package for the MR was a $500 factory option. Please stop making up stories.

2. If the car was not equipped with the appearance package, the installation of SE goodies, as you say, by a dealer makes no sense. He'd have to replace the seats, the lip, and the wheels and the stuff isn't exactly free. IIRC, the seats retail for ~$2,000+ each and the wheels are $750 a piece. Assuming typical retail margins, this would cost the dealer more than $4,000 so he could charge $500 for the options. That's ridiculous.

Last edited by FJF; Feb 17, 2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

guys, to calm u down - my car is a 2006 Evolution 9 MR 'SE'. although there was no SE badge on the back, it had every single item that the standard Evo 9 SE had. only not to make the name too long, the factory called it the MR appearance package, and not MR SE. but for all intense and purposes, it was an MR SE. Since u are already getting an Evo MR, the factory only charged u $500 for it, while in fact these Special Edition items are far more expensive!

everything FJF just said is true. my original window sticker actually lists as optional factory equipment - "APPEARANCE PACKAGE" - 1) front airdam extension; 2) diamond black BBS wheel finish; 3) red seat stitching.

all these things could not possibly be dealer installed cause as FJF points out, its a factory package, and its way too expensive

Last edited by S6devil; Feb 17, 2008 at 11:08 AM.