Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2008 | 03:02 AM
Evolved Member

couple of questions

i just got a 2005 evo 8 a couple of weeks ago...
i was windering about how much hp it has, it has a couple of mods...so any estimates would b good, im just trying to get an idea..

injen intercooler piping, injen intake, dc turbo manifold(stock turbo), hks hi-power turbo back, apexi electric boost controller@21psi , 2 step set at 6k..

also what should b my next mod??
i was thinking intercooler..
cams??(which ones)
and im planning on getting the modified 02 housing with the external dump...
Old Mar 24, 2008 | 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

With a really good tune you could mabye pull 320-360 to the wheels. For your next mod you should be considering a new fuel pump (to be safe, not all pumps are created equal) then looking into a tune. Actually you will want to tune right after the pump, so if you toss on cams+pump then get a tune it would benefit you. Also look into getting a WB02 sensor. For cams I like the HKS 272's or GSC's of similar profile, but some do not because of the inconsistant idle.

(mabye after that look into an intercooler, unless you find one for an awesome deal) IMO ETS makes the best intercoolers for the price, but AMS and BR make some killer IC's also.)
Old Mar 24, 2008 | 01:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jameson_IXMR
With a really good tune you could mabye pull 320-360 to the wheels. For your next mod you should be considering a new fuel pump (to be safe, not all pumps are created equal) then looking into a tune. Actually you will want to tune right after the pump, so if you toss on cams+pump then get a tune it would benefit you. Also look into getting a WB02 sensor. For cams I like the HKS 272's or GSC's of similar profile, but some do not because of the inconsistant idle.

(mabye after that look into an intercooler, unless you find one for an awesome deal) IMO ETS makes the best intercoolers for the price, but AMS and BR make some killer IC's also.)
+1 on everything he said
Old Mar 24, 2008 | 02:28 AM
Evolved Member

Oh, that modified O2 housing will likely be a waste of money. Would just give you a loud sound and thats about it. If you are going with a larger turbo in the future, then I wouldnt even change the O2 housing. If your keeping the stock turbo then look for a nice Cast O2 housing, I say cast because you keep the L bracket holding the housing to the block. If you get a tubular style you put some strain on the exhaust manifold, and I see you have an aftermarket tubular manifold so that would not be too good.
Old Mar 24, 2008 | 02:29 AM
Evolved Member

Also, shifter bushing are one of the best mods I have done for the money. It really feels that much better.
Old Mar 24, 2008 | 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

thanks....
will i benifit from a intercooler at all now??