Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

I hate the "it's a guys' car" excuse

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate the "it's a guys' car" excuse

So basically, I got my Evo 8 MR a year ago. But I didn't want to start working on it until a was used to the car. Now I'm bored of it. And I'm sick of the common "Well, It's a guy car" phrase I get. Or people ask me if it's my boyfriend's car, haha. So I need some recommendations for what I should mod first. Any suggestions, with parts and companies, and such ... Thanks !
Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by angelayla23
So basically, I got my Evo 8 MR a year ago. But I didn't want to start working on it until a was used to the car. Now I'm bored of it. And I'm sick of the common "Well, It's a guy car" phrase I get. Or people ask me if it's my boyfriend's car, haha. So I need some recommendations for what I should mod first. Any suggestions, with parts and companies, and such ... Thanks !

A bumper sticker that says "My boyfriend drives a _______"
Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

go with a loudass tbe, so that way you can just rev it and drown them out when they say crap like that!
Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Try this > https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=338153
Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

99% of the evo owners are male, so the comments you get from people are understandable.

If you want it to stand out as YOUR car in which you being a female I assume, you could do some feminine mods? I don't know maybe pink shift knobs or something that def. tells the car's owned by a female.

As far as performance upgrade, you can start by getting a nice Turboback exhaust and manual boost controller.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't say 99% I know more girls around here that drive evos than guys including my wife
Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pink wheels
Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

buschur, AMS, ETS are the big names around here.... there are a lot of other companies as well based in japan (Greddy, HKS, etc.)

You will want to start out with a turboback exhaust, intake, boost controller and a tune from someone reputable. Hope that helps
Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

I just realized you are from jersey... check out the links in my sig. Sean Ivey is the best tuner around here. Tell him steve sent you
Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Mod it the way you see fit. Something that appeals to you. Good luck. What color is yours?
Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:27 AM

i would say TBE some suspension work intake fuel pump boost controller and a tune
Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:30 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get a new plate that say "GRL-DRVR" lol... Another memeber had a steering wheel with a hello kitty hor button, I though that was pretty cool. Miner things like that would make it stand out!
Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

I used to get that all the time, until word got around in SFL area dat a chick drive da yellow evo w splitter .

Mods wise: figure out wha ur overall goal is then start modding. This way u dont waste money
Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:45 AM

Most people think that if a girl drives a modded car then it's their boyfriends because most of the time it's true. But there are lots of girls out there that have their own cars and like to mod them. If you don't want people mistaking your car for your boyfriend's car, then like chu said...get some stuff to make your car look feminine. Here is my steering wheel for example:

Quick Reply: I hate the "it's a guys' car" excuse