Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

i want to get a new tb exhaust help me

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2008, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i want to get a new tb exhaust help me

ok i'm getting my tune in 3 weeks at ivey now the tune is more then i thought it was going to be $450 "i hear he's very good so its worth it for me" so i dont want to spend more then $900 shipped on the tb exhaust and i wanted the high flow cat with it so i can pass inspection. so i see buschur has tb w/hfc for $825 shipped so i call and there all out of stock lancershop.com has magen tb for a really good price but its with a test pipe well i looked up some other vendor and cant find a tb w/hfc it seem like all the tbe dont have the hfc's?
can someone tell me any other big vendors that have good prices i still need to get 255 walbro pump and br intake filter kit. thanks guys

John
Old Apr 29, 2008, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My exhaust was a little over $1100 w/hfc shipped. I would look for some used stuff and piece it together, but it looks like you only got three weeks. g/l with you tune
Old Apr 29, 2008, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tanabe Concept G Blue system? It used to be around $800.00. It comes with a test pipe instead of a HFC though.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

thanks guys but how loud is the tbe with the test pipe vs hfc and there is no way to pass inspection with a test pipe in right?? i had a 06 sti with tbe and hfc cobb stg 2 ots flash and it was not that loud i really dont want to get anything to loud thats kinda way i'm scared to go with test pipe. does anyone here have the magen tbe w/test pipe if so how loud is it and do cops bug you alot??
Old Apr 29, 2008, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

oh and where do you guys shop for your mods? the best place that i've seen so far has been lancershop!
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

turboXS cat-back here w/ megan resonated test pipe - love the throaty sound!

I've had ZERO problems with cops.....I've driven behind them, in-front of them, next to them, on them & nada

oh yea and your best bet is to get it used - check the local 4sale threads
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:18 AM
Former Sponsor

You've got a PM.
-Alex
Old Apr 29, 2008, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

u dont need a test pipe to pass inspection. Spark plug anti-foulers for the win.

A HFC will tone down the exhaust some and be more environmentally friendly, however.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bbyevo8u
ok i'm getting my tune in 3 weeks at ivey now the tune is more then i thought it was going to be $450 "i hear he's very good so its worth it for me" so i dont want to spend more then $900 shipped on the tb exhaust and i wanted the high flow cat with it so i can pass inspection. so i see buschur has tb w/hfc for $825 shipped so i call and there all out of stock lancershop.com has magen tb for a really good price but its with a test pipe well i looked up some other vendor and cant find a tb w/hfc it seem like all the tbe dont have the hfc's?
can someone tell me any other big vendors that have good prices i still need to get 255 walbro pump and br intake filter kit. thanks guys

John
john, i wrote you a pm

the megan is loud. so is turbo xs. its mostly about the cat-back, not the test pipe vs high flow cat.

Last edited by Trail Slide; Apr 29, 2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

I have the AMS TBE with test pipe & it's not too loud. It sounds really good. I recomend the AMS exhaust if you can swing a little extra $. It's worth it. Great quality & full stainless (including hangers).
Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Trail Slide
john, i wrote you a pm

the megan is loud. so is turbo xs. its mostly about the cat-back, not the test pipe vs high flow cat.

i have Megan DP, and TP, it sure made a hell of a difference vs. having the stock ones on, in power and sound. It isnt a high pitched loud though, its more of a rumble. I like it, and then after the cat i just have a cheap little ebay 3" exhaust, so it makes it a bit quieter.

I know AMS has a nice exhaust system, and i think they warranty it for as long as you have it since its made by them, like the welds and such, nothing from you error, but it is a bit pricey.

If you look for Zeus, he can hook you up with Megan. Buy it all at once and its a lot cheaper than individual pieces, cheaper shipping total too.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Yea. I agree with Mr. Evo IX the Tanabe concept G blue is an amazing turbo back exhaust. I have one and i recommend it.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by btownsoccer22
Yea. I agree with Mr. Evo IX the Tanabe concept G blue is an amazing turbo back exhaust. I have one and i recommend it.
I dont know what you guys consider quiet, but none of the above exhausts mentioned are quiet by my standards. HFC or not, as populated as an area where I live thats getting cops attention for sure.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

thanks alot for your help guys almost ready to buy
Old Apr 29, 2008, 07:13 PM
Former Sponsor

You've got another PM.

Quick Reply: i want to get a new tb exhaust help me