Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Will any of the Evo's be collectors cars later?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2008, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will any of the Evo's be collectors cars later?

I own an RS, and can't seem to find the sales for these cars in the U.S. over the last few years, but I know that not a great deal of them were sold here.. so I got to thinking.. I wonder if they.. the MR, or even the viii or ix will be something to collect later on. What does everyone think?
Old May 5, 2008, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just depends where the world of cars takes us.
Old May 5, 2008, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im banking on it!
I plan on keeping it as long as possible. Hopefully a while from now, it will be worth more than what I payed... Only time will tell...
Old May 5, 2008, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nonschlont
Im banking on it!
I plan on keeping it as long as possible. Hopefully a while from now, it will be worth more than what I payed... Only time will tell...
Yeah, i'm keeping mine as stock as possible... the only things i'm planning on changing are the airflow parts... exhaust, IC and piping, intake, etc... maybe a possible reflash... but I may keep it totally stock.
Old May 5, 2008, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

my guess in no, the car holds value fairly well but I don't see it as a car many will collect.
Old May 5, 2008, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
Yeah, i'm keeping mine as stock as possible... the only things i'm planning on changing are the airflow parts... exhaust, IC and piping, intake, etc... maybe a possible reflash... but I may keep it totally stock.

if NOTHING ELSE, GET A FLASH/TUNE make sure u keep your stock rom so when u need to, u can flash back to stock! I would definitely upgrade airflow parts!!! Even w/ the horrible first tune I recieved, the car felt soooo much better! 2 different beasts
Old May 5, 2008, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

typically mass produced cars don't become so much of a collectors item until they get **REALLY** old. I don't believe the evo's are rare enough that they will fall into that category for a very long time. I'm 29 years old now. If I still have the car and its in good shape and mostly stock when I'm 60 or 70, Perhaps it'll be worth double what I paid for it...but I doubt it.
Old May 5, 2008, 04:08 PM

Yep, only time will tell. But they'll probably will. Look at the Supra and the rx7. they're kinda expensive now.
Old May 5, 2008, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

i guess it will be but in a small circle.
Old May 5, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

well I don't know how many IX's were sold in the U.S. but I remember somewhere reading that only 700 or 1400 ( don't remember the exact number ) of the RS's were sold here... and as many of us here know... almost all Evo's have a ton of mods done to them, and while they are fun to mod and obviously drive... the value drops drastically on them ( as in any car ) so that's what got me thinking about it being a collector.
Old May 5, 2008, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
well I don't know how many IX's were sold in the U.S. but I remember somewhere reading that only 700 or 1400 ( don't remember the exact number ) of the RS's were sold here... and as many of us here know... almost all Evo's have a ton of mods done to them, and while they are fun to mod and obviously drive... the value drops drastically on them ( as in any car ) so that's what got me thinking about it being a collector.
Just make sure u keep all the stock parts!
Old May 5, 2008, 04:42 PM
Account Disabled

Yeah I've kept all of my stock parts except my exhaust....just didn't have the room for it. I'm sure there will be many evos bought and sold before I'm old and retired and many of them will end up in the junk yard. I will keep mine because I won't need to sell it or trade it to get another car. THIS ONE'S A KEEP FOR ME.
Old May 5, 2008, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Import Junky
Yeah I've kept all of my stock parts except my exhaust....just didn't have the room for it. I'm sure there will be many evos bought and sold before I'm old and retired and many of them will end up in the junk yard. I will keep mine because I won't need to sell it or trade it to get another car. THIS ONE'S A KEEP FOR ME.
me too! and I am considering buying a new GT-R which WILL be a collectors car haha.
Old May 5, 2008, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

I think if there's an Evo that'll be a collectors item, it'll probably be the Evo VI TME edition with paint scheme and everything.
Old May 5, 2008, 04:57 PM
Account Disabled

Well I guess if like most they'll base their value off of rarity it'll be the 2006 Evolution IX MR SE

Quick Reply: Will any of the Evo's be collectors cars later?