Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hey guys & gals.... ;o)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2008, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys & gals.... ;o)

Hey dudes and dudettes,

I have been a registered member on here for a fair while using its vast information database... sadly i sold my Evo 4 before i had much chance to get my teeth into posting and becoming an active member of the forum.

However, i have since moved from the UK to the USA and i am now in the process of looking for another Evo!

I'm in WA, and so would love to hear from any local members?!

I'm currently driving a 2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer rolling on 24" alloys and tires.. its a cruise mobile monster!

Thanks for a great forum!

David
Old May 6, 2008, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome, why did you sell the evo 4?
Old May 6, 2008, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

^+2
Old May 6, 2008, 02:37 PM

I sold it as i moved here to the USA lol... it was a black one.. i'll see if i can dig up some pics! it was an animal though and i loved it... the retro looking 4's with the right wheels look gorgeous!
Old May 6, 2008, 02:45 PM

here are a couple, they are the only ones i can find and they were taken before some of my mods...

It was running a full turbo back exhaust, 10.5 hotside housing, uprated drop in panel filter, manual boost controller, i eventually upgraded the breaks to Brembo 4 pots but had to go with bigger wheels too to accommodate them, i had the balance shafts realigned and the cambelts done prior to selling it and holy macaroni and cheese! it was simply awesome!

I'm not sure if any of you guys would be familiar with this? but this was my weekend plaything at the time too...

for those that dont know, this is probably one of the best handling sports cars the world has ever seen.... its the Renault Clio Williams. It came 4th iirc in the top 10 cars of all times... cars above it, Zonda, Ferrari, Porsche! lol so its in good company! Definitely thinking of importing one over!
Old May 6, 2008, 02:50 PM

welcome, nice rides bro. hope you like the area lol. its awesome when it doesnt rain lol
Old May 6, 2008, 02:54 PM

Even if it does rain... its just like home so its all good haha... i've been coming back here with work since 2001 so its just really the next logical step!.. my Wife is American too so she doesn't want to leave 'home'.. besides, i make wayyyy more money here haha
Old May 6, 2008, 07:20 PM

welcome, those def 2 cool cars
Old May 6, 2008, 07:37 PM

Love that Evo IV!

Did you get your IV new or used? Was it gray-market at the time? It's a pity you had to part with such a special piece of automotive history! Nice pics though and I bet it was fun while it lasted. Welcome (back?) to the USA and best of luck finding your new Evo

Last edited by lucan; May 6, 2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old May 6, 2008, 10:55 PM

Hey guys thanks for the kind words....

All Evo's up until the 7 were imports and considered 'gray' there were some official ralliart imports but they were no different than the rest. Mine was well looked after, i had it inspected and it had some signs of a previous crash, but the repair was spot on so i went ahead and took it into consideration in the price. The 4's suffer alot from 'crankwalk' and as such i had the sump removed and the bearings checked, the engine had undergone a substantial rebuild with all new big end bearings and shells etc.. and was tight as a drum, another reason i bought it. The only negative was that the balance belts were not timed correctly, they were 180degrees out, which is a common mistake on the 4's in the UK.

It was superb on performance with the subtle mods i chose, i was lucky as i had 4 of the UK's top 6 Evo tuning garages within a 10 mile radius! so i was spoiled for choice when it came to mods and advice... www.lancerregister.com is where i used to spend my time, hence not coming on here much!

Hopefully now im in the USA that will change and i can get a good deal on used Evo! anyone fancy a trade for my current car? lol
Old May 6, 2008, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Hello there. You should check out the NorthWest regional section. There are a bunch of great guys over there (including myself). Make a thread in there introducing your self, and they will treat you with kind words.