Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New to the boards...saying Hi

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2008, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the boards...saying Hi

Hey All!

Names Ajay. I've been on the New England DSM boards for awhile now, I figured it was about time to get on these boards too. Just to give a little back round on myself, I've got a GG Evo IX MR. I just got her in October. I actually found the car in September while I was on desk duty one night here in Iraq (long story, no fun) so I was killing time searching cars.com and found the car. I've wanted an Evo since the first time I saw one in person back in 03. So I decided there was no time like the present. I got my Father back in the states all the paperwork he needed to pick up the car for me in my name and take care of it until I got home.

So being the great father he is he did it for me and took care of the car until I went home on R&R leave in Feb. I drove my car every single day for 18 days in MA in Feb, hell, even in the snow on the stock tired. Woops. No problems though. Anyway, had to come back here. Now I'm going back home in a little over 3 weeks. My car is being loaded on a trailer and shipped to my duty station in WA for me. I'll then be taking a cross country trip from WA, down the 101 in Cali, over to Vegas for a day or two, then over to NC to "tame" the Tail of the Dragon (road I've always wanted to drive) before I head back up to MA.

Anyway. My car is almost 100% stock, especially power wise. Just got a K&N drop in for now. Planning on getting a nice TBE when I get home, maybe a mild tune, keeping it simple. I've got a nice Kenwood DVD/Nav/iPod flip up screen/system installed with a small Boston sub and amp. Pretty simple. I've also got my camera mounts in the car. Honestly, I love it just the way it is. I don't plan on going to crazy with it.

That's pretty much it. Glad to be here. Hope to talk with all you guys. Can't wait to get back home to my car. Time to start putting some miles on her. Hope to talk to you all. From looking around the past week or so I've seen some really nice cars, both mildly and heavily modified. So, I think I found a good place to "hang" out.

Thanks for reading...Ajay

PS- I was going to upload some pictures to show off, but it is such a pain on this site and a limit of 100KB is ridiculous. I'm not going to go through the hassel of resizing my pictures to show on here. I'm an amature photographer and I take pictures in a large size because they look better. The internet here is slow enough, I'm not resizing and reloading them all. It's not like you don't know what a fairly stock GG Evo MR looks like anyway.
Old May 8, 2008, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome to EvoM. Man sounds like you got one hell of a nice father. I don't know if my dad would do that for me. Post up some pics when you get your mods done.
Old May 8, 2008, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats, and welcome!
Old May 8, 2008, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

WELCOME TO YOUR OTHER ADDICTION
Old May 8, 2008, 10:53 PM

welcome
Old May 9, 2008, 01:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOSE06
Welcome to EvoM. Man sounds like you got one hell of a nice father. I don't know if my dad would do that for me. Post up some pics when you get your mods done.
Yea, my Dad is pretty awesome. He knows how addiced I am to cars and how long I wanted a nice Evo, so he went way out of his way to help me out since I was stuck here and couldn't do it myself. I'm lucky to have a family that stands behind me and helps me do what I can't do myself sometimes.

Thanks to everyone else for the welcome...as soon as I figure out how the heck to post the pics, I shall...
Old May 9, 2008, 01:05 AM
Evolved Member

I have a random question, I've done a bit of posting in the past two or three days, not to much, maybe like 10 posts leaving comments, saying hi or asking questions, yet my post count is still showing up as 0???

WTF, over...

...anyone care to shine some light on that, I'm not looking to get a post count of a million, but I would love to know why I still have 0....
Old May 9, 2008, 04:51 AM
Evolving Member

Certain sections do not cover your post count, like off topic for example.

In your profile search for all posts it will show the number of posts, but your count does not reflect that price.