Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.
View Poll Results: EVO X VS G37S
EVO X
84.14%
Infiniti G37S
17.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

EVO X or G37S

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my opinion i think that the evo x is is sporty and tastefully done on the interior. maybe not as luxurious as the g37, but i think the X gives you the best of both worlds
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Women factor??? G37 Wins if u are single an ready to mingle. G37 is a pantie dropper!!
Originally Posted by atombomb33
I have the Evo X GSR. My wife has the G37 S sedan with 6MT. I've driven both plenty of times. Both are still 100% stock. Here's my take:

Acceleration: Slight edge to the G37. Power is there all the time. No turbo lag. Better top end power. Higher trap speed in the 1/4 mile. The X is exciting when the turbo kicks in, but is lackluster when not in boost.

Braking: The Evo wins hands down. The G37 is no slouch, but it's no Evo.

Handling: The Evo wins hands down. The G37 is no slouch (better than the A4, 3-series, etc), but it's not even close to the Evo.

Transmission: Nod goes to the G37. Smooth engagement. Good clutch. No notchiness. Better gear ratios. 6-speeds. The Evo tranny (5MT) is rough, notchy and the gearing is too short. If you're a fan of the MR, you may have a different opinion here.

Ride comfort: G37 wins easily. Ride is smooth, yet still decidedly sporty. Evo is rough comparatively (even the MR).

Exterior styling: This is all personal preference. The Evo is definitely more aggressive. The G37 is more class/stylish. If you're going to a nice restaurant for dinner or to a big event, you take the G37.

Exterior build quality and paint: G37 wins easily. Fit and finish is much better. Paint quality is head and shoulders better. Infiniti paint has a cool feature where it will repair swirl marks by itself. The clearcoat is made that way. Not 100% sure how it works, but it is there. Evo paint sucks...we all know this. Fit and finish is on par with your typical econobox sedan.

Interior styling and quality: G37 wins easily. Everything you touch feels nice and has a good texture to it. The leather is very nice. The Evo...well everything feels like a cheap econobox sedan.

Stereo system: G37 wins. I have the Rockford system in my Evo. My wife has the Bose stereo in the G37. The Bose is much better in all aspects of stereo sound. Evo comes with Sirius, G37 comes with XM. So, they are even there. The Navi systems are pretty much even in functionality and usability.

Seating position: Evo wins. It is set up for spirited driving and it delivers. The Recaro seats are so much better than the seats in the G37.

Moddability: Evo wins easily. With just a tune you can easily gain 70whp. With the G37 being N/A, you can't make gains easily and turbo kits would be expensive.

Daily drivability: The G37 wins. It rides smoother. It is much quieter. It has a roomier interior and a larger trunk. This is the car to take for your everyday activities.

Sporty Drivability: The Evo wins. Handling is out of this world. You're more connected to the Evo (if you know what I mean). This is the car to take for a canyon carving run.

Trackability: Evo wins hands down. Nothing else to say about that.

Did I forget anything?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mega-z
Women factor??? G37 Wins if u are single an ready to mingle. G37 is a pantie dropper!!

Yes, it is. Heck, before I got to drive the Evo, before they were actually on US land, even the G35 and 350z's were panty droppers even for me! They do have a very nice line being a low-slung coupe. I guess I can't chase that skirt so a car that's gets oohs and ahhs and track-rep is the "cool factor" that I like now. It was cool at a PDX hearing my instructor bragging to others that "he got the Evo X" to instruct. Considering he had a $75,000 2008 Z06 with light mods, I felt pretty good!