Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Exedy Clutch or ACT Cluth and flywheel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2008, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Money is not really the issue. The issue is wich one is gonna be a better clutch overall. Im not worried about installation either because I can do all that stuff myself.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just had a friend of mine drive another evo with an exedy twin disc this past weekend and around town he said it chatters and jolts everywhere. And unless the clutch is warm it slips. So I'll stick with what I have seen is good and reliable....ACT
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by red evo8
everyone hates act on this forum yet most people on here have them lol get the exedy if you can afford it if not the act street xtss work fine.
Word Up! Everyone on this forum really bashes ACT and I don't know why. I had the street clutch on my VIII with 300+ HP and drove the crap out of the car. Never had one problem. Clutch plus install was like $980. If you aren't making huge power numbers and don't drag every weekend then don't buy what you don't need. When my stocker goes I'm gettin ACT again.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by freakitgood
Money is not really the issue. The issue is wich one is gonna be a better clutch overall. Im not worried about installation either because I can do all that stuff myself.
The competition is between Exedy and ACT. The Exedy is for hard racing and the ACT has a balance between daily driving and racing. The ACT Street Clutch is smoother and quieter which is better suited for daily driving, but it's still very good for high-performance driving. The Exedy is simply for racing and it's still OK for daily driving. Exedy is much better for drag racing I've heard. At the end, I chose the ACT street clutch combined with the streetlite flywheel. I race and I daily drive.