Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Civic owner here with some questions..

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2008, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not afraid to admit that I've lost to some highly modded V8's in the past, but I'm an extremely aggressive driver when the competition gets going. I never back off, even if I lose on the straight-line. I always catch up since the Evo is so explosive and quick on the turns and curves. The Evo is meant to be driven by an aggressive driver since it's a very aggressive, raw car.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 01:19 AM

The Civic will get the stock Evo. I'm pretty sure of it, if the driver in the Evo knows to how lunch properly the Evo will get the civic out the dig but less weight and more power will give victory to the civic.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Hikaru
You got him. Out of curiousity, why did you dump so much money into the most unpopular honda body, like, ever? I mean, yours looks really good after all the mods...but why not start with a more capable (not to mention less lunchboxy looking) chassis?
I personally just love the look of the 02-05 generation hatch. And I especially love that it is the most unpopular Honda body, which makes it more rare to see on the road, unlike the 06+ Si's which share the same bodies as the EX, hybrid, etc..

I dumped so much money into it cause it's the underdog and nobody expects them to be fast .

So I'm going to have this race probably on Sunday or Monday and I'll film it for you guys. Still don't know if he's down to do one from a dig. I'll have to make sure he knows how to launch first. As from a roll, there's not much skill needed in that so it should be fair.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Papi4baby
Wow alot of haters and kiddies in here.

This went from i want and evo and i have some questions, to a internet race dibate! Wow.

And yes if the evo driver is stock the civic will win that much HP.
Yeah I was expecting this thread to turn its focus on the race instead... Thanks for all those who gave some good info on the clutch/axles. I wouldn't want my buddy's clutch to go out if he hasn't learned to launch it properly yet. I'm really just looking forward to see how my EP does against an evo, then I'll finally buy one of my own to build up.

Last edited by RoyEP3; Jul 28, 2008 at 02:29 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by joehoo
+1

only making 300hp with a tsx swap and supercharger?
+100 Damn, that's what I said....

Get a good driver w/ a stock Evo, he'll jump a car length infront of you......
I think Superchargers are a Super Charge to your pocket, no good IMO
Old Jul 28, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bo'sEvo8
The Civic will get the stock Evo. I'm pretty sure of it, if the driver in the Evo knows to how lunch properly the Evo will get the civic out the dig but less weight and more power will give victory to the civic.

What do Evo's eat for lunch?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tkklemann
What do Evo's eat for lunch?
If you're going to play the grammar/spelling game, at least proof read your own writing...

My Evo's wing
There are many Evos

Old Jul 28, 2008, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IDRINKV8
what does a tsx make stock? 180 to the wheels. 300 seems pretty good to me on a damn tsx motor. btw you should not have a problem reeling him in even if he can drive.
yea but this is a full "motor swap" who knows what that cost and to only yield 300hp. Is that to the wheels?. Im sorry but the honda would need every bit of help it can get. I agree with everyone here from a dig he pelts your face off. If you guys go from a 1st gear roll about 10mph I still think he gets you. The higher the speed you guys race from the better chance you will have.

Old Jul 28, 2008, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RoyEP3
Yeah I was expecting this thread to turn its focus on the race instead... Thanks for all those who gave some good info on the clutch/axles. I wouldn't want my buddy's clutch to go out if he hasn't learned to launch it properly yet. I'm really just looking forward to see how my EP does against an evo, then I'll finally buy one of my own to build up.

There is a reason you hadnt bought one already. Buying a EP and throwing in a tsx motor and a supercharger isnt cheap. Just buy an evo and gut the hell out of the EP and make it a track car or drag car
Old Jul 28, 2008, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

I assume you are running a Comptech SC, right? I don't know if anyone else makes one for the TSX. What boost and/or supporting mods are you running? Even on 9-10psi, doesn't that only get about 80-90 crank hp over stock?

Yeah, putting down that kind of power, you will murder a stock Evo.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of weight difference was the K24 swap?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bench racing sucks, and your never going to go to a model specific message board and get reasonable responses when asked about comparisons of other cars in speed, cost, ect. Evo guys will say that you have no chance in hell, Honda guys will probably say you will get him two cars out of the hole, and pull him nasty 15 cars out.

However, I will have to say a 300hp EP hatch will most likely pull a stock Evolution (or one with just a few mods) pretty good. A race from a dig will be a bit different, as you will most likely spin or have to be easy on it from first.

Why would you want an Evo anyways? If that is indeed your hatch, and it has 300 horses, I would just keep it, and find a cheaper turbo car to toy with.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
If you're going to play the grammar/spelling game, at least proof read your own writing...

My Evo's wing
There are many Evos

Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:23 AM
EMC

I've had a similar experience (at the track) with an 05' SI supercharged putting down similar #'s to yours (330ish whp). He had the k20a or which ever is the rsx type s motor, stroked to a 2.3 fully built ect....To get to the point I got a good launch and pulled a few cars ahead, but the rate this guy reeled me in and passed me was ridiculous. My VIII was completely stock at the time. Now I know the IX is a little faster, but not enough to change this outcome in my opinion. Hope that helps.

Last edited by EMC; Jul 28, 2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by PHDoc19
I assume you are running a Comptech SC, right? I don't know if anyone else makes one for the TSX. What boost and/or supporting mods are you running? Even on 9-10psi, doesn't that only get about 80-90 crank hp over stock?

Yeah, putting down that kind of power, you will murder a stock Evo.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of weight difference was the K24 swap?
I have the jackson racing kit, which is also no longer being produced. I have a long laundry list of mods that give it just enough to reach the 300 mark, which I'm even surprised it did. It's got to be the right set of cams though.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my EP. It's my first car and I love everything I've done to it. It's a quick little hot hatch! Some people on here can't seem to respect other cars besides their own. I just wanted to get out of the limits of fwd and tmaybe get into auto-x or something aside from the drag strip.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
Sorry I dont agree, unless the guy in the Evo just cant drive worth a damn, I doubt this civic would be any problem.
A STOCK Evo vs. a 300whp Civic. You really think the Evo would win? My Mirage with a single cam and t25 turbo doesn't even make 200whp and I can beat a stock Evo from a roll.

From a dig, the Civic will play catch up. Evo's aren't that fast stock.

Quick Reply: Civic owner here with some questions..