Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

My new MR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2008, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My new MR

Hey guys, I brought my old wrx to stock and sold it. I bought an 05 evo 8 mr and I have a few questions. I know there are thousands of posts similar to this but its a good excuse to say hey, anyways.

The car has a k&n drop in filter, mbc, and some sort of ic pipping. My next step was to do a tbe. Am I going to see any real gains withoud a flash? How will this affect boost? I am pushing 21psi right now. Next I was guna put on some gauges(boost, maybe oil pressure and h2o temp) and then, in a couple months, flash. I used a tactrix cable on my wrx so I am somewhat familar with the process. Does anybody happen to know if you can force pass readiness monitors and delete cels with it?

I apologize for such newb and stupid questions and I appreciate any advice.

Thanks again

Kurt

Last edited by reddd02kg; Aug 29, 2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

YES you need a tune. and probably a fuel pump 255 if you used more than the stock boost.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 04:31 PM

I've got a fuel pump just need to install it.

When you say I need a tune, does that mean I'm gunna hurt something? I'm gunna flash it eventually, whenever I buy a tactrix cable for this car.I might be getting the exhaust this week, so I was just guna throw it on

Thanks
Kurt
Old Aug 31, 2008, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Well you might be either too rich or too lean. If you slap on all those mods your AFR(Air to Fuel Ratio) would not be at the ideal numbers. Yes you might hurt something.

But do you know how to tune your car?
Old Aug 31, 2008, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Get the flash to. u can get them for cheap. if u don't know what u are doing there are plenty of tuners on here or more than likely by u that will help. But don't put on TBE with out a flash. U should have had one already if ur boost is turned up
Old Sep 1, 2008, 02:13 PM

thanks for the advice, Ive been looking at the jestr tunes probably going to hold off for a while in that case, till I get a tactrix the the tune

Kurt