Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

03 evo tranny

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2008, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 evo tranny

i have another quick question. if its been answered can you please post the link or tell me where to find it and delete this thread. i tried searching but couldnt really find what i was looking for... anyways my question is this: is there any difference between the 03 evo tranny and any of the newer 5 speeds? a friend recently told me that the 03 tranny is hardly better than the dsm trannies of earlier years? is this right?
Old Sep 2, 2008, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by b16a95eg
i have another quick question. if its been answered can you please post the link or tell me where to find it and delete this thread. i tried searching but couldnt really find what i was looking for... anyways my question is this: is there any difference between the 03 evo tranny and any of the newer 5 speeds? a friend recently told me that the 03 tranny is hardly better than the dsm trannies of earlier years? is this right?
Most people don't toast their transmissions on an Evo. In general people seem to destroy the transfer case first especially in the early evo's with their open front diff.

NOT to say it CAN'T happen cause it does.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

evo trannies suck i broke 2 already they are not that much better and alot of people break them and upgrade to a built trans thats what im doing now
Old Sep 2, 2008, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Silver05Bullet
evo trannies suck i broke 2 already they are not that much better and alot of people break them and upgrade to a built trans thats what im doing now
do you do road racing? or anything like that? i'm eventually going to rebuild the tranny but after buying the car i'm broke. so it wont be until i can afford it. i wont be launching it or anything like that. i dont want to risk it..... yet. but i did read somewhere on here i think that someones tranny took a crap just doing a 3rd through 4th pull onto the freeway.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by b16a95eg
do you do road racing? or anything like that? i'm eventually going to rebuild the tranny but after buying the car i'm broke. so it wont be until i can afford it. i wont be launching it or anything like that. i dont want to risk it..... yet. but i did read somewhere on here i think that someones tranny took a crap just doing a 3rd through 4th pull onto the freeway.
Dan's transmission has 50k miles of hard drag racing and street pulls on it I wouldn't ever call that normal use or even hard use its more like extreme
Old Sep 2, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

ok so it didnt just crap out for no reason
Old Sep 3, 2008, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Evos trannies dont suck there are ppl on here that beat on them pretty hard and they hold fine even with 400-500hp but everything breaks eventually if you beat on it enough just be easy on it and it will last a long time.