Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Thinking about selling her :(

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2008, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been thinking of doing the same, I just worry with as hard as it is to get a loan these days I will have a hard time finding a buyer
Old Sep 30, 2008, 05:49 PM

Sell The car, sounds like you are getting your values straight if the payment is putting a strain on you sell the car and save the money the way this economy is going you will need it.
D.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

Dam i like ur evo post some pics on here of it. I really want a blue IX or VIII. But i feel the same way now. I drive a car that fits my life style and saves me money. But i do plan on geting a nice car for a weekend car sooner or later. But the longer u wait to try and sell it the more money u will loose on it
Old Sep 30, 2008, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by huevosrancheros
Keep your car

Dont get married
/thread
Old Oct 1, 2008, 06:51 AM
LRD

Originally Posted by huevosrancheros
Keep your car

Dont get married
x2!

But on a more serious note, no matter if you have the evo or not you can still stay in the forums, people here will always try to help you. Good luck on your choice, and getting the best price you can if/when you sell it!
Old Oct 1, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If I do sell it I need to figure out what I'm going to drive after this. Gotta find another car and I have no idea what I would want.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 09:36 AM

marriage is so overrated.........keep the car!!
Old Oct 1, 2008, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Eviil8
i would put it up for sale now. with the X's out we may see the VIII and IV price keep dropping. And the more milage you put on it.... you already know so yea just get rid of it now and save money.
I had the same theory as you about the X's being out so mabey the prices will drop.....but in reality they haven't moved on bit in my area.

Hell we got friggin 75K mile VIII's still going for 23-25K. It ridiculous.

To the OP: I'd think you'd regret selling the car down the road, but that's just me. I'm one of the few lucky bastards that got married and still got to keep my toys. I hear constant *****ing about them, but I still got em
Old Oct 1, 2008, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you can afford it, keep it, cut some other things to save up the money. It will be hard to find another evo down the road. I dont think prices will drop. Ive been thinking to sell mine too but when i wake up and go to work im like f*** this 2 more years and the car will be mine ! :d
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

There is no way you will get $27k for your car. Realistically, closer to $25k tops.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Make sure she's the one for you!
Not worth selling evo if you plan to get divorce in the future
about 75% of people i know are divorced......
Divorce is too common in america.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Man evo are geting cheaper all the time u just have to travel for them. I see IX with less than 30,000 miles for around 24k and under. They will keep droping its a car it looses value each year. I know i will find one in about 2-3 years that will be in great shape for a good price. But right now its not my priority to have that type of car
Old Oct 1, 2008, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

I think that it's good that you're being responsible and doing the necessary step in order to tie the knot. However, I think pricing the Evo at $27 is pretty aggressive.

But good luck with choices.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ElectricBlueIX
I've only had my EVO 9 for about 5-6 months but I've been thinking about selling her recently. I have a huge car payment and gas prices are driving me nuts. I'd like to get out of car payments and move out and start a life. I'm almost 23 and I might be married within the next year so having a car like this just doesn't work into that lol. So kbb says my car is worth about $27k. It's bone stock with no wrecks and it's in excellent condition. I know our country is going through a rough time right now with the economy but would now be a good time to put her up for sale? Or wait till after Christmas or something for everything to settle down a bit. I wanna get top dollar for my car cause I know it's worth every penny of $27k. What do you guys think?

I'm in almost the exact same situation right now. I love the car and can make the payments without issue, but after that and mortgage there's not much left. If I were to sell it and get something where I didn't have payments I could pay back some money owed to the rents, put some money into the project car and put more money to the side for my honeymoon in april. I basically can't decide if I'd be more happy spending the money on the car payments every day and driving a car that makes me smile every time I get in, or having the money to do other things with.

Originally Posted by ElectricBlueIX
I'd be happy getting back into a 1G or possibly even a 2G gsx or something. I don't know though we'll see. I don't think I can post in classifieds yet because I don't have enough posts
I think I'd pick up another second gen non-turbo. Great on gas, very reliable and looks good too
Old Oct 1, 2008, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

yo,lonely driver mode hahah...good luck