Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Thinking about selling her :(

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElectricBlueIX
If I do sell it I need to figure out what I'm going to drive after this. Gotta find another car and I have no idea what I would want.
trade it in for a Fit

even though they r slow, but gas efficient

sorry 2 hear that ur thinkin of sellin the IX

but good thing 2 hear that u know where ur prioritys lay
Old Oct 1, 2008, 07:19 PM

I got married when I was 22 but I dont know what to tell you..... I do know that alot of people here in Texas want a EB Evo9, I wanted to get one but couldn't find one and ended up with white.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 11:15 PM

Keep your car and push the wedding back another 2-3 years.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My decision for selling the car isn't based soley on the fact that I might be getting married in the next year or so. I make pretty good money and would like to enjoy life a little bit more. Having a nice car is great and all but it does hinder me sometimes having to shell out every month for her. I want to find some land and build a house, settle down and be established. Those things are more important to me at this point in my life.

whiteATXevo...tell your friends or whoever about my car. I can tell you that I don't drive this thing hard AT ALL. It's only been to the eight mile track once and that was just this past week. It has no issues. The paint is GORGEOUS. I'll prolly wait a little bit b/c I paid almost 30k for it and have only made 5-6 payments so my principle payoff is still up there. So right now she's not officially up for sale but probably will be in the next couple months.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

I'd say let it sit for 6 months while you and your girl double your monthly payments on it. Then sell it. Make alot more money because the money left on the loan would be significantly less. Save that cash. Then keep making "payments" for the next 6 months after into an account. A year from now you should be able to get back into an evo almost completely paid off from the getgo!!! good luck
Old Oct 2, 2008, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's good to see your setting your priorities straight. Sell it and get out of the payments. But it is hard to sell a car nowadays, especially when it's 25-30K. Anyways, send me some info on your car. GL!
Old Oct 2, 2008, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
you cant get married, your already married to your EVO.
My wife just today said sell that piece of shi* because I'm never gonna let you drive me in the EVO again, I said just wait and see when I drop a bigger turbo in her.
by the way, you said you drive her like a grandma, but your complaining about the gas, wtf?
when I drove my EVO like a grandma, i got almost 300 miles to the tank.
I say keep the EVO and get married when she's paid off.
you'll thank me later
Old Oct 2, 2008, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

OMG i am retarded i though this was EEIX for a second...phew
Old Oct 2, 2008, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

If u want a good DD the fit is good. I got My 08 Fit after geting rid of my VIII. I feel the same way as u its nice to have a nice car but it does hurt paying so much on a thing that gets u from place to place. I do want a IX now too but in a couple of years start to try and get rid of it like on craiglist.