Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Thinking about selling her :(

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thinking about selling her :(

I've only had my EVO 9 for about 5-6 months but I've been thinking about selling her recently. I have a huge car payment and gas prices are driving me nuts. I'd like to get out of car payments and move out and start a life. I'm almost 23 and I might be married within the next year so having a car like this just doesn't work into that lol. So kbb says my car is worth about $27k. It's bone stock with no wrecks and it's in excellent condition. I know our country is going through a rough time right now with the economy but would now be a good time to put her up for sale? Or wait till after Christmas or something for everything to settle down a bit. I wanna get top dollar for my car cause I know it's worth every penny of $27k. What do you guys think?
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're almost in my situation. I'm 23 as well with payments on a 2007 S2000. I'll be getting married May 30th next year...got me thinking how much better off I'd be without the car payments. I thought about selling it as well, but i doubt it would be worth it at this time in our economy. Value is dropping too fast...it might just be worth it to hang on to it a while longer and drive it for what it's worth. If finances are stretching, maybe try compromising in other areas.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

Well it's not so much that I'm having trouble affording the car I just know how much money I could be saving ya know. And my priorities have changed a lot recently
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Payoff your beauty(evo)... Then get married dang 23 getting married already. sorrry to hear you gotta sell her. It wouldnt matter when you sell your car its just finding that right customer that will pay the price you want for your baby!! soo wish ya luck and if you have 2nd thoughts about keeping it. I SAY KEEEP IT
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by ElectricBlueIX
Well it's not so much that I'm having trouble affording the car I just know how much money I could be saving ya know. And my priorities have changed a lot recently
Is your car stock? If it's bone stock, then it might be worth it to sell. The kicker for me was that I already have about $15k in mods in my car and that's money I'll definitely lose if I sell.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

You will always be in debt one way or another. I'd say keep the car and just drive normally. I'm sure sooner or later, you'll get yourself into another one that is much more expensive. But it's up to you so whatever you decide, hope it all work out well bro. Good Luck
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Man there is more to life than cars like u said u want to start a life. Sell her and save up and get another one down the road when u are where u want to be in life. Put it up for sale here wost that will happen is u will have to bump it everyday. i am currently saving right now so i can get a IX or a S2000 in the next 1-3 years as a weekend car. Can i affornd a evo right now with my 08 honda YES. But i don't want to spend that much so i am saving and I should be ready for one when the time is right. Right now i drive a 08 FIT as a DD and i am going to get a uese sports bike to cruise on the weekends till i have enough for my new car.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03v8slayer
Man there is more to life than cars like u said u want to start a life. Sell her and save up and get another one down the road when u are where u want to be in life. Put it up for sale here wost that will happen is u will have to bump it everyday. i am currently saving right now so i can get a IX or a S2000 in the next 1-3 years as a weekend car. Can i affornd a evo right now with my 08 honda YES. But i don't want to spend that much so i am saving and I should be ready for one when the time is right. Right now i drive a 08 FIT as a DD and i am going to get a uese sports bike to cruise on the weekends till i have enough for my new car.
+1 With the Fit, you should be able to save enough money to get something nice
Old Sep 30, 2008, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for all the advice guys. And yes nichigo, my car is bone stock. All it has it the K&N drop in filter and whoever had it before me put a Tomei BOV on here. Sounds much better than the stocker IMO. But the car runs PERFECT, no body damage, interior is flawless and I drive her like a grandma. I am ready to get on with my life and cars will come and go. I know down the road I'll prolly be able to get another one but I don't feel like I need a certain type of car. I'd be happy getting back into a 1G or possibly even a 2G gsx or something. I don't know though we'll see. I don't think I can post in classifieds yet because I don't have enough posts
Old Sep 30, 2008, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Do what ya gotta do.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

im 23 and own my EVO....i likes it.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by 03v8slayer
I agree...good advice.

Good luck with whichever path you choose
Old Sep 30, 2008, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks man
Old Sep 30, 2008, 05:09 PM

i would put it up for sale now. with the X's out we may see the VIII and IV price keep dropping. And the more milage you put on it.... you already know so yea just get rid of it now and save money.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep your car

Dont get married