Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

what mods to start wit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2003, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what mods to start wit

i'm getting a new evo, red, blue or white, i can't pick

wit white enkei rims, veilside bodykit,

I don't know what mods performance wise, i should start wit

and also should i wait until the breakin period to start modding. anyway, i think i will go over to vishnu systems, and pick a the zero package to start, and i was thinking getting gauges like, the vivid racing evo, on the dash, looks soo good,

let me know any other things that i might wanna consider
Old Aug 31, 2003, 08:49 PM

The Stage 0 package that Vishnu offers pretty much encompasses what you should start with. Exhaust is the easiest way to free up HP and you should definately get that out of the way before you do any heavy modding. If you're gonna DIY or if you don't wanna go too far, look around the various modding sites for some exhaust setups you like. If you're planning on doing a lot of mods, you might want to take the Vishnu package for the XEDE engine control. Works has a similar product (the Brain Flash) that you might want to look at as well. I don't know what the specific differences are, but the starting point for heavy modding is definitely gonna be ECU control and exhaust. Maybe some intake stuff while you're at it.

::edit:: For the record, I think blue is the nicest. ^^
Old Aug 31, 2003, 09:04 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by T.S.Sephiroth
Maybe some intake stuff while you're at it.

::edit:: For the record, I think blue is the nicest. ^^
I remember I read something on this forum that the intake doesn't add any power. Someone was saying that "verified dyno proven hp gains" was due to the incorrect readings on the MAF causing the car to run leaner. Someone might want to double check this statement.

Since our cars is so detuned i'm guessing our airbox is not restrictive until 350hp or around JDM power.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Re: what mods to start wit

Originally posted by evo'skickass
i'm getting a new evo, red, blue or white, i can't pick

wit white enkei rims, veilside bodykit,

I don't know what mods performance wise, i should start wit

and also should i wait until the breakin period to start modding. anyway, i think i will go over to vishnu systems, and pick a the zero package to start, and i was thinking getting gauges like, the vivid racing evo, on the dash, looks soo good,

let me know any other things that i might wanna consider
Which do lean towards more? Looks, performance or handling?
Looks: first mod would probably be rims, tint or aero kits.
Performance: first mod would be air-related (intake/exhaust/IC piping)
Handling: differs with taste but suspension set-up. Spring rating would be up to your preference. Some people say the EVO rides hard with stock. Brakelines !!
Old Aug 31, 2003, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

First thing you need before any type of mods is a Boost Gauge.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 09:22 PM

i want to get the gauges that are in the vivid racing project evo, they look sweet, they are placed on the dash and look really good

also any advise on what color would white enkei rims look best wit along wit a veilside body kit
Old Aug 31, 2003, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by gtr

I remember I read something on this forum that the intake doesn't add any power.
Yeah, that's why I threw it on the end there. I've never actually seen anyone posting excitedly about the HP gains they get with intake mods. I think people just do it in conjunction with exhaust to let the car breathe better and possibly respond better to performance mods. -shrug-
Old Aug 31, 2003, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Some gains...but nothing you can feel. Most people say they "feel" the difference with intake pipe and filter but that's mostly psychlogical(sp?) Only seen on a dyno sheet.