Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

small problem and some questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2008 | 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

small problem and some questions

so lately i've been cruising around after i got all my fluids changed and the boost turned down (cuz the car was overboosting and the fuel lines kept cutting when i floored it in 5th)

now the small problem. before i had the maintenance done to the car, my Service Engine Soon light kept coming on. I used a neighbor's scan tool and it read that it was overboosting and the O2 sensors and the CAT was flooded with fuel. and now after the maintenance was done, the check engine soon light came on again. most likely its the cat and O2 sensors flooded again >.<. Maybe its time i changed the spark plugs? if so...which ones should i get cuz i was told for an Evo IX it requires different spark plugs than an VIII would use. Stick with OEM or go with some aftermarket ones? or maybe my car needs a tune/re-flash?

also, while getting the maintenance, the mechanic found that the harness and O2 sensor from the Wideband A/F gauge was still there, apparently the previous owner or dealer took it out. Is it possible to buy just the gauge? or do i have to get it with an O2 sensor too since the guy said it might be burned out at this point?

and is it possible to change the cluster lights to blue? cuz i want it to match the Defi blue gauges i will be getting lol. ive searched everywhere and only found threads were it was made red and brighter. I want it blue =(

any help is appreciated thanks guys!
Old Nov 17, 2008 | 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

bump any help or i posted in the wrong section?
Old Nov 17, 2008 | 03:28 PM
Former Sponsor

PM'd