Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hey guys just signed up, looking for an EVO

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys just signed up, looking for an EVO

Hey guys, my name is steve and i am from the central jersey area. i currently drive an 05 white srt. ill post pics below. i have had alot of fun with the neon, but #1 traction owns, #2 I've always wanted an evo, and #3 it is just time to move on. I was able to get the neon to go 11.4@120, i am hoping for about the same for the evo. i am looking to get an 8 or a 9, either white, silver or charcoal. Just figured i'd introduce myself and hopefully you guys can help me out.

Here are some pics of the neon

Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a really clean SRT-4.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agreed!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

That is probably the cleanest SRT-4 I have seen. Definitely go with the IX and I'd even say go with wicked white to keep your white looks. If not, go graphite gray over apex silver (IMO)

Looks great bro, looking forward to seeing you in an Evo soon
Old Nov 20, 2008, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BigValley
That's a really clean SRT-4.
Originally Posted by mx4life85
Agreed!
Originally Posted by Tnnrx7
That is probably the cleanest SRT-4 I have seen. Definitely go with the IX and I'd even say go with wicked white to keep your white looks. If not, go graphite gray over apex silver (IMO)

Looks great bro, looking forward to seeing you in an Evo soon
thanks for the kind words guys. i do my best keeping the car clean.

i talked with a buddy of mine that had a IX and he said if i can get a good deal on an VIII with low miles go with that and just upgrade the turbo to an FP green. personally i want a IX because i know there is much less work involved to go faster. plus i believe fastest stock motor/turbo IX was 10.90? Also those are the colors i have my heart set on.

i was not sure if i found an MR if i would get it because of the 6 speed. not sure how bad the gear ratio's really are and how constatly you have to shift. also i am a big track guy (1/4 mile) and shifting into 5th gear is always rough, but i did come across this one, and it soundsl iek a pretty good deal to me if it is in as good of shape as it looks. i know MR's went for 37k new, and i have seen SE's with that many miles go for that much. lmk what you guys think

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=19
Old Nov 20, 2008, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

That is a great MR you have found. I heard VIII MRs are super rare to find, ESPECIALLY with mileage that low.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BoostKid87
thanks for the kind words guys. i do my best keeping the car clean.

i talked with a buddy of mine that had a IX and he said if i can get a good deal on an VIII with low miles go with that and just upgrade the turbo to an FP green. personally i want a IX because i know there is much less work involved to go faster. plus i believe fastest stock motor/turbo IX was 10.90? Also those are the colors i have my heart set on.

i was not sure if i found an MR if i would get it because of the 6 speed. not sure how bad the gear ratio's really are and how constatly you have to shift. also i am a big track guy (1/4 mile) and shifting into 5th gear is always rough, but i did come across this one, and it soundsl iek a pretty good deal to me if it is in as good of shape as it looks. i know MR's went for 37k new, and i have seen SE's with that many miles go for that much. lmk what you guys think

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=19
I would recommend not going MR but that's me. The 5-speed is stronger than the 6.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

thats one clean srt!

Check out my wicked white 9 MR, its for sale and im about 30 min from you

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=382614
Old Nov 20, 2008, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MaxKanisha
That is a great MR you have found. I heard VIII MRs are super rare to find, ESPECIALLY with mileage that low.
yea i cant believe the milage mostly...only 10k miles in 3-4 years?!
Originally Posted by Tnnrx7
I would recommend not going MR but that's me. The 5-speed is stronger than the 6.
alright stronger in what sense? physically stronger and can take more abuse? or stronger as in accel
Originally Posted by YeaIbOOst
thats one clean srt!

Check out my wicked white 9 MR, its for sale and im about 30 min from you

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=382614
that is a gorgeous car just a little out of my price range. thanks though!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

wow, clean azz neon man Good luck on ur find as well. And you will definitely get your evo faster than 11.4 in my opinion!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome! Clean Neon, you have good taste.
Good luck finding an EVO and remember to search! Everything you need/want to know about the EVO is on EvoM!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wik3d_MR
wow, clean azz neon man Good luck on ur find as well. And you will definitely get your evo faster than 11.4 in my opinion!
haha yea i hope so.
Originally Posted by eVo_Boi
Welcome! Clean Neon, you have good taste.
Good luck finding an EVO and remember to search! Everything you need/want to know about the EVO is on EvoM!
glad you guys like the neon, hope you feel the same about how i make the evo look...already have some ideas in mind.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

ive seen your car in the tcnj garage parking lot and parked right next to it in my black ms3.....welcome!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

5 speed is stronger as in taking more abuse and way better for drag racing, all the record holding evo's out there are 5 speeds. Plus with the 6 speed you have to shift to 5th in the 1/4 mile instead of the 5 speed where you only shift to 4th and that one extra gear will cost you alot of time going down the 1/4.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slicedbreadno2
5 speed is stronger as in taking more abuse and way better for drag racing, all the record holding evo's out there are 5 speeds. Plus with the 6 speed you have to shift to 5th in the 1/4 mile instead of the 5 speed where you only shift to 4th and that one extra gear will cost you alot of time going down the 1/4.
Thats not necessarily true.. I heard the gear ratios for the 5 and 6 speed are identical.. But that the 6 speed can reach a higher top speed. Also drag racing a 6 speed would be just as strong as a 5 speed.. Its long drawn out races, like road races, where overheating comes into play, where the 6 speed will lose.

Quick Reply: Hey guys just signed up, looking for an EVO