Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Newb with an EP3 wanting an evo 9 ^_^

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2008, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newb with an EP3 wanting an evo 9 ^_^

hey everyone i just wanted to introduce myself.. names kyle and currently i drive an 2002 taffy white ep3 and iv had my heart set on a WW evo 9 mr for quite some time so if anyone can help me find one id be really happy
and i would also like under 30kmiles and i cant really pay more than 26k thanks and ill post up pictures of my ep3 soon winters about to hit here in MI and it sucks i want an AWD to manage here in MI lol
Old Nov 27, 2008, 11:11 PM

hope can learn alot from this forum WOOT!
Old Nov 27, 2008, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
its gonna be hard finding a 06 MR for under 26k, especially with under 30k miles
Old Nov 28, 2008, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

SE or GSR... youll be happier with the transmission and save some money on the purchase. Good luck!
Old Nov 28, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

i dont know what everyone is talking about the 6 speed is weak.... im making a lot of power and my 6 speed is fine. no grinding or anything. dont just jump on the band wagon and say what everyone says. i have yet to come across actual proof of this, its all speculation.

the only thing i know of, is the 4th gear likes to go when the tranny is under lots of heat. i.e. long road racing
Old Nov 28, 2008, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
i dont know what everyone is talking about the 6 speed is weak.... im making a lot of power and my 6 speed is fine. no grinding or anything. dont just jump on the band wagon and say what everyone says. i have yet to come across actual proof of this, its all speculation.

the only thing i know of, is the 4th gear likes to go when the tranny is under lots of heat. i.e. long road racing
YEAH whats up with people saying the tcases on the MR are weak? im asking locals and people are saying just get a GSR but i want the MR can anyone elaborate on this please?
Old Nov 28, 2008, 12:19 PM

ohh and whats the SE have that the MR and GSR donsent have? ISNT the MR the top of the line?
Old Nov 28, 2008, 12:20 PM

heres pics of the current ride their a lil old but they will do for now enjoy!

Old Nov 28, 2008, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

the MR and SE's are both top of the line. both have the same stuff, just one is 5 speed the other is 6 speed....

i love my 6 speed especially for DD. the extra gear makes highway cruises nice. i beat on my car sometimes too and the 6 speed handles it no problem. i have yet to see proof of the 6 speed breaking easily without being heavily tracked. even always brings up the point that its the same amount of space as a 5 speed but they add an extra gear in there. so theoretically the some gears have to be smaller to fit.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

1, 2, and 3rd gears in the six speed are bigger and stronger than in the 5sp. 4, 5, and 6 are smaller. Yes the only trouble you will have with your 6sp is on long road course sessions and that is only due to extreme heat on 4th gear, but alot of road course racing and you are going to have trouble with either trans. Have 400whp out of my MR and beat the **** out it and have had no problems!!!
Old Nov 28, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
the MR and SE's are both top of the line. both have the same stuff, just one is 5 speed the other is 6 speed....

i love my 6 speed especially for DD. the extra gear makes highway cruises nice. i beat on my car sometimes too and the 6 speed handles it no problem. i have yet to see proof of the 6 speed breaking easily without being heavily tracked. even always brings up the point that its the same amount of space as a 5 speed but they add an extra gear in there. so theoretically the some gears have to be smaller to fit.
They do not have the same stuff. The SE has a different lip and red stitching and diamond black rims. I don't think the gsr se has blistens either. I have the MR SE so its the best of both worlds.
Edit: I don't think the regular SEs have the same bov as the MRs either.

Last edited by RedHook; Nov 28, 2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

looks like u have your own lil ep3 crew
Old Nov 28, 2008, 06:14 PM

do the SE's really have a diffrent lip? i want an MR SE i guess but can someone provide me with pictures of the diffrence between all the diffrent models? PLEAASE OR A LINK!! thanks everyone
Old Nov 28, 2008, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the MR SE is gonna be hard to find, the only difference is that se has red stitching on the seat, SE Lip and diamond cut wheels or something, basically just silverish BBS wheels. Oh forgot one more thing... SE badge!

Last edited by Kdash106; Nov 28, 2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PIC of a SE