Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

how to get a title from someone from bank?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2008, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by typac69
If your getting a loan for the car from your bank/credit union have them talk to there bank and have them do the procedures besides a bill of sale.... All should go smoothly that way.. Done it twice that way no problem.. Otherwise follow above info...
Do it this way. It's the most risk free way. Get pre approved for a loan at your bank and both of you go to your bank. The loan officer will take care of all paperwork including the DMV paperwork. Basically the bank is the "middleman" to hold on to the title. Just pay off the loan whenever you want. You don't have to worry about him having the title while you are still technically driving around with someone else's car registered under their name. The only downside is if youre an all cash payer is that taxes may be a lot higher, if you know what I mean.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea i dont think im going to be buying the car that didnt have the title in hand...im interested in a different one now and the guy has the title in hand...although i may be looking for a different car because he seems irritated with every question i ask and is very short with me.