Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

how to get a title from someone from bank?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2008, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to get a title from someone from bank?

hey guys i am looking into an evo but the owner needs the cash to pay the bank for his title. i was just wondering if there was some way that i can obtain the title after giving him the cash without getting screwed? im sure there is but i dont know how.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

Make sure you complete a bill of sale and get it notarized. Since there is a lein on the car, the seller has to pay the bank for the title to be released. You will have the Evo in your possession once you pay, so I wouldn't imagine why he wouldn't mail you the title afterwards, that's usually the way it works. When I sold my Goat, I had a lein on it. The buyer paid, I sent the payment to the bank, they released the title and I mailed it the following day. The whole process from start to finish took approx. 7 days. Good luck.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

haha thats what i figured. i dont think someone would screw me if im face to face with them, but how would i get the bill of sale notarized? im new to this and young lol so sorry if i come off as an idiot. im pretty sure what notarizing is but i wanna be positive.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Go WITH him to the bank... (Been there, didn't do that and got screwed)... Let's say he got some jail time for fraud...

-E
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wicked E
Go WITH him to the bank... (Been there, didn't do that and got screwed)... Let's say he got some jail time for fraud...

-E

If your getting a loan for the car from your bank/credit union have them talk to there bank and have them do the procedures besides a bill of sale.... All should go smoothly that way.. Done it twice that way no problem.. Otherwise follow above info...
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

i have the cash so i dont have to get a loan from my bank. so i think if i end up buying the car ill go to the bank with him maybe and just talk to them about sending the title to me once the money goes through or something. im just scared about this whole situation. if i get screwed over for 18k ill kill myself
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo4life400
i have the cash so i dont have to get a loan from my bank. so i think if i end up buying the car ill go to the bank with him maybe and just talk to them about sending the title to me once the money goes through or something. im just scared about this whole situation. if i get screwed over for 18k ill kill myself
LOL, Nothing to be scared of IF you go to the bank WITH him and tell the bank that you are the new owner. He can't do anything at that point once you hand the money to the bank.

-E
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo4life400

Write a bill of sale, Get full info from him address etc. I think going to the bank with him you should be good... You will sign paperwork as will he releasing the lien, then they should give you a temporary plate unless you have one already for it.. Should go smoothly be smart and cautious obviously.. I wouldnt be too worried.. Just follow the normal procedures and be smarter then the other guy and all should be good.... Just make sure your there, you will see it all happen in your own eyes and hopefully even be smarter for "doing everything" you can...
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

Having a notary stamp and sign is legal proof that a transaction, in this case a monetary transaction has taken place between two parties (buyer and seller of vehicle). Like Wicked E stated, do it at the bank, preferably where you bank, that way there is record and witness of the transaction. Go to customer service and let them know that you are going to be making a large withdrawal to purchase a vehicle, and that you want the Notary on site to stamp and sign all the paperwork involved. To expedite the process, why not have the seller provide the lein information from one of his statements, that way you can do bill pay right to the leinholder and they will release the title immediately to him, that way he can get it out to you? Either way, it all boils down to making sure you dot all the "I"s and cross all the "T"s. Lastly, make sure you walk out with all the key fobs... Good luck
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

BUT, what if he owes more money then you are paying for it, the bank inst going to release it til they get paid
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

haha ok that makes me feel a lot better. so the bank can actually give me temporary plates? because that was my other problem....id have to have him drive the car up to me if i dont have temporary plates.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Ask for proof of payoff. Better yet, have your bank call the leinholder to verify the amount owed on said Evo.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

yea ill do that. i like the bank giving you a temporary plate. does that really work out?
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

How far is this Evo from you?

I bought a car in Florida and drove it back to Colorado on the previous owner's plates. I just promised to destroy them or mail them back to him whichever he preferred. (I knew the guy so I wasn't worried about him being a douchebag and reporting the car stolen).

-E
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

its like 200 miles away and i dont know this guy so i dont think we would be able to do that because if i ever got in an accident with his plates wouldnt he be screwed?

Quick Reply: how to get a title from someone from bank?