Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

VA new here. rx7 owner ,possibly looking at getting a evo or sti

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2008, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VA new here. rx7 owner ,possibly looking at getting a evo or sti

whats up guys!

after moving up to VA from floida and getting my 1st personal property taxes on my cars, im thinking of downsizing.

ive got a 93 rx7 twin turbo that i use as a weekend car.
and a 06 civic 4 door i daily drive.

so im thinking of picking up something i can daily drive,has 4 doors, and has some power. i think i narrow my choices down to ma evo or sti.

the rx7 is up for sale now locally on other places and ive had a offer for a trade on a evo and im considering it.

anyway i just wanted to get started in this forum and do some checking up on this cars.

heres some pics of my rx7
http://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/964620649.html

Last edited by nfmsuprar1; Dec 21, 2008 at 06:13 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

hey man welcome...Evo or STi eh? it all depends what you wanna do with the car. Mod it? keep it stock (LOL) and DD it? or race it out?

my personal opinion? i love both cars lol...but i love the Evo more cuz of the fact its so easy to gain more hp on it with simple bolt-ons and can still hold as a DD even at 600ish whp, STi's CAN be the same...but from what i've seen are more expensive to mod and more of a headache to install the mods since the engine layout is a boxer...like its more messy under the hood. STi is a really nice DD car...cuz of the 6 speed tranny and such. the Evo MR is a nice DD too but the tranny is weak...but hey unless u dont beat on it u wont have a problem.

looks-wise...i prefer the Evo, the rear of the STi is too boxy for me, and the 06 has that extra spoiler on the top of the rear windshield...i dunno imho i think its a bit ricey lol. the Evo has more of a streamlined and shark-like appearance and i love that. it just screams FAST. however, the STi has an extremely sexy sound as its a boxer engine, like a muscle car like sound i guess. its so intoxicating when my friend turns his STi on (he has a full TBE with a high flow cat)...like sex to my ears lol.

btw what year STi/Evo you lookin into? and is budget an issue? and post pics of ur Rx-7 lol
Old Dec 20, 2008, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by NYC4g63IX
hey man welcome...Evo or STi eh? it all depends what you wanna do with the car. Mod it? keep it stock (LOL) and DD it? or race it out?

my personal opinion? i love both cars lol...but i love the Evo more cuz of the fact its so easy to gain more hp on it with simple bolt-ons and can still hold as a DD even at 600ish whp, STi's CAN be the same...but from what i've seen are more expensive to mod and more of a headache to install the mods since the engine layout is a boxer...like its more messy under the hood. STi is a really nice DD car...cuz of the 6 speed tranny and such. the Evo MR is a nice DD too but the tranny is weak...but hey unless u dont beat on it u wont have a problem.

looks-wise...i prefer the Evo, the rear of the STi is too boxy for me, and the 06 has that extra spoiler on the top of the rear windshield...i dunno imho i think its a bit ricey lol. the Evo has more of a streamlined and shark-like appearance and i love that. it just screams FAST. however, the STi has an extremely sexy sound as its a boxer engine, like a muscle car like sound i guess. its so intoxicating when my friend turns his STi on (he has a full TBE with a high flow cat)...like sex to my ears lol.

btw what year STi/Evo you lookin into? and is budget an issue? and post pics of ur Rx-7 lol

thanks for the welcome!
my plan ii daily driving it, so what ever i get i will keep it mildly modded.i love my rx7 and the only reason im thinking of getting rid of it is to go from 2 cars down to one and save some money on taxes and insurance. so budget is a issue and ill be looking at something thats few years old

i do have interest in both cars and like the looks of the evo and heard good things about them, on the other hand i like the idea of the boxer engine,just the fact thats it more of a unique engine.and they do sound nice! but nothing is set in stone on either one.

.i did already put the rx7 on the market for sale and even offered to do a trade for evo or sti.ive actually already had some interest but you know how that goes
as far as pictures this is all i have from the local craigslist post i made.

Old Dec 20, 2008, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nfmsuprar1
thanks for the welcome!
my plan ii daily driving it, so what ever i get i will keep it mildly modded.i love my rx7 and the only reason im thinking of getting rid of it is to go from 2 cars down to one and save some money on taxes and insurance. so budget is a issue and ill be looking at something thats few years old

i do have interest in both cars and like the looks of the evo and heard good things about them, on the other hand i like the idea of the boxer engine,just the fact thats it more of a unique engine.and they do sound nice! but nothing is set in stone on either one.

.i did already put the rx7 on the market for sale and even offered to do a trade for evo or sti.ive actually already had some interest but you know how that goes
as far as pictures this is all i have from the local craigslist post i made.

Here's your best bet!

Evo IX MR (6spd and some extra goodies)
~340awhp w/ intercooler, licp, uicp, intake, downpipe, hfc, catback, good tune = done! perfect street hawtness! That's what I did with my car and I couldn't be happier with it. I think around 350 awhp is a great balance between cost and streetability while keeping maintenance and reliability the same as a stock Evo

Old Dec 21, 2008, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Here's your best bet!

Evo IX MR (6spd and some extra goodies)
~340awhp w/ intercooler, licp, uicp, intake, downpipe, hfc, catback, good tune = done! perfect street hawtness! That's what I did with my car and I couldn't be happier with it. I think around 350 awhp is a great balance between cost and streetability while keeping maintenance and reliability the same as a stock Evo

nice car man!
Old Dec 23, 2008, 06:37 PM

im not having much luck selling the rx7,so i might have to keep it for a while longer

how is the evo market these days?
im sure they arent selling either and if they are they arent getting book.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 04:43 PM

no luck on selling either of my car yet.

if anyone interested in buying or trading for evo or sti let me know.

i did go looking at the dealerships in my area bo none of them had anything used.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NYC4g63IX

^^ descriptions are right on the money.

sounds like u like the boxer engine and if you're just gonna mildly mod it and dd it, then you're probably better off with the sti.

i chose the evo cuz of better looks and performance. but u have no idea how much i wish evos had the same boxer rumble
Old Jan 6, 2009, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why! uhu why come on a evo forum talking about sti !
Old Jan 6, 2009, 10:31 PM
Cyp
Evolving Member

nice RX7. I would keep it. The Evo is such a nice looking car, and even though it doesn't sound like a boxer, it has a nice rumble all of its own with aftermarket exhausts out there. I love the Recaro's it comes with and the feel of the seating position in the Evo feels better to me than the STI. Get what you like.