Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Is Evo driveable here?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2009, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I am from MI - 12in of snow is just called a dusting. The Evo will not have any issues. Get the right set of tires and go.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one word of advice...do not go drifting in ice.....had a buddy dive into a parking lot to go drifting in his wrx not knowing it was ice and ruined his front control arm...needles to say it was only a 40$ part but hes lucky i told him to stop so he didn't ruin anything else......anyway never ever gotten stuck in the snow with the evo plowed through a field that my friend in his f250 got kinda stuck in (i guess too much weight=sinkage in muddy snowy field lol)
Old Jan 25, 2009, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by CaliMR
Blizzaks

yeah Blizzaks 100% they work on my car to take me over mountain passes over 10-11,000 feet in feet of snow, not inches.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Yea I'm in WNY, you'll be fine. You should get some decent winter tires to enjoy the weather around here. Its not too low at all on stock suspension unless youre dropped really low, obviously you need to use your head when dealing with elevation changes into and out of places but just drive with some sense.

Were you at a delta sonic today, and does your car have some graffic(jaw-ish looking) on the bacK window?

Someone mentioned they saw "your car" out to me.

PM me. Welcome
Old Jan 26, 2009, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Two Utah people that don't post in the Evo's in Utah thread... Figures... We scare people away. Anyway, I drove my Evo with snow tires for the first two years, it was insane. Then drove it with all-seasons the last year, still did great (definitely no body damage from the snow). Now my Porsche proudly plows the driveway. All you need is snow tires and a keen sense to avoid large chunks of ice (which would probably damage your SUV too) and you'll be 100% AoK.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
The Evo is great in the snow! I love mine for Minnesota winters; just get a good set of snow tires and you'll be nearly unstoppable.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by getcha
Were you at a delta sonic today, and does your car have some graffic(jaw-ish looking) on the bacK window?

Someone mentioned they saw "your car" out to me.

PM me. Welcome
Hmm did they see an Evo...because I don't have one yet!! I'm currently looking and should have one anytime between now and summer. I'm having trouble waiting though
But yea, thanks everyone for the welcome and great information. It looks like I'll be perfectly fine which is good to know!
Old Jan 27, 2009, 12:25 PM

Cheap Winter Tires and Stock Height = No Problem

I'm in MA and we've been slammed pretty good this year with snow. My car was lowered and it sucked cause i was hitting chunks of snow left and right; plus fkn potholes! so i put the stock springs back in and it's been great since then. so stock height is no problem, and any winter tire should work. I bought the cheapest snow tires i could find and they work great; General Arctics or something like that.

Good find on that evo, that's a rarity to find an unmodified one!
Old Jan 27, 2009, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor

Set of blizzaks and youll going up stuff most pickup's wont get up.