Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo VIII vs Evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by saranghae
You can always get an 8 and slap on a 9 front end and maybe save on auto insurance. I believe it wasn't mention the 9 got a bigger turbo. In this economy I'm very positive you can get a good deal on a 9.
explain to me how you're gonna save auto insurance by switching front bumpers??!!
the evo9 turbo is slightly bigger than the 8, on my car when i switched to an evo9 turbo...the car picked up 20+hp across the powerband and as much as 30+ in the higher rpms. This is also with my stock injectors getting maxed out in the higher rpms so boost was limited
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:49 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
+1 ....... yah I was wondering about the bumper / insurance thing myself.

Personally I LOVE the evo VIII bumper so much more. I think it looks a lot more aggressive. I don't LOVE the "mitsu horn" but I do like the vents below. I think their shape seems more futuristic. A lot of people spend good money to convert their VIII bumpers to IX's. Not me.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Depends on what your gonna do with the car. If all you plan on doing is bolt ons then perhaps the IX would suit you best. If you plan on doing an all out race car and building it up the gap between the IX and VIII shrinks and they are pretty much equal.

VIII Blocks/Heads are much more abundant than IX's and if you blow up your motor it will be much easier to find one to replace it with.

Also, the fastest and strongest evo's currently are VIII's.... some food for thought i suppose.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:47 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
+1. For a race car I'd take an VIII. For a DD I think I'd take a IX.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

The car will be my DD, and I will probly only have about 2000$ to buy upgrades with to start so most will be bolt ons at the beginning
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

^^Just buy a used Evo VIII for $16-17k advertised on the "for sale" section...That should be a very good deal for you.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nawaz
^^Just buy a used Evo VIII for $16-17k advertised on the "for sale" section...That should be a very good deal for you.
Actually, this isn't a bad idea. If anyone had a VIII in good shape for around 16k id be interested Or if someone has one with messed up paint for even cheaper that would be great, since I plan to paint it anyway

I just want the car to be stable, I never plan to upgrade past 400HP, since my car will be a DD, and anytime I take it to the track it will be for fun and nothing serious.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

^^^have you looked in the "evo 1-9 for sale" section lately.....Last time I checked they had some pretty cheap deals on a few VIII's....I would check it out.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah ive poked around a little

I guess I'll keep looking, I also have my eyes open on ebay and check every day. I see that one for 14k is still up there, but im kinda suspicious of one that cheap
Old Feb 8, 2009, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

^^^Yup...Just be careful and be wise on which Evo you choose. All the best with your decision man!!!
Old Feb 8, 2009, 01:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
at the end of the day an evo is an evo... you can't go wrong with either the VIII, IX or X.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 02:15 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blueprint
depends on what your gonna do with the car. If all you plan on doing is bolt ons then perhaps the ix would suit you best. If you plan on doing an all out race car and building it up the gap between the ix and viii shrinks and they are pretty much equal.

Viii blocks/heads are much more abundant than ix's and if you blow up your motor it will be much easier to find one to replace it with.

Also, the fastest and strongest evo's currently are viii's.... Some food for thought i suppose.
werd on that!
Old Feb 8, 2009, 03:08 AM

My thoughts, the MIVEC and the bigger turbo of the IX is worth the extra money... i see many people with evos older than the ix and want to get the ix turbo in their cars...
Old Feb 8, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fawkz
Actually, this isn't a bad idea. If anyone had a VIII in good shape for around 16k id be interested Or if someone has one with messed up paint for even cheaper that would be great, since I plan to paint it anyway

I just want the car to be stable, I never plan to upgrade past 400HP, since my car will be a DD, and anytime I take it to the track it will be for fun and nothing serious.
That was my original intention, to keep it stock. But power is addicting and people always have the urge for more. Good luck.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 12:28 PM

^ the guy above is right. i thought i would be fine just owning a evo. and i am but i definantly want more power.

Quick Reply: Evo VIII vs Evo IX