Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Which Evo IX?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2009, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When i was your age i did the same thing with my dream cars and now i own most of them so its good to set goals and do research

I would go with a GSR or SE(non MR) over the MR .
Old Feb 4, 2009, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by boostedtres
hey man, i know everyone is just saying "hey hes only 14" but good to see a kid thats into cars and knows what he wants. Other posters may be right about not starting off with an evo, but hey if you can afford it and want to then enjoy it but be safe. ive heard mixed reviews about the MR tranny, a lot of problems for some people, others say theres none. depends on what you want. 6th gear mite be nice for dd and highway, and you get the bbs wheels and nicer suspension.

i wanted an 9 instead of my 8 but couldnt afford it. you should look into a 9 with the se package, get the great 5 speed but still get the lip and wheels that look so good. good luck waiting all that time, but hey it will make it even sweeter when you do. gl man
Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by URBANRCR
When i was your age i did the same thing with my dream cars and now i own most of them so its good to set goals and do research

I would go with a GSR or SE(non MR) over the MR .
Thanks!!
Old Feb 4, 2009, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Get a part time job now. and by the time your 16+ you will be able to pay cash for most of it
Old Feb 4, 2009, 07:52 PM

Yeah that's what I plan to do.
and I could get my father to pay some of it
Old Feb 4, 2009, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Lol, when i was 15 I was already pushing my parents to help me get a car, but it never ended up happening :\, I had my permit but I never really started driving till i was 16, i started out with a regular lancer ES
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:03 PM

lol thats cool..I really love the Evo's look and performance. It's a BEAST on the streets. I really haven't seen any around here in Sacramento. My friend was planning on to get a Evo, but he ended up getting a 350Z Fairlady. He had a 2G Eclipse GS tho. It was ok. The 350z has MASSIVE torque. It made my neck muscles sore after a 30 min drive. The only mods he has on there is a RSR exhaust. Everything else is stock to the wheels. He plans to put a Twin Turbo in it.

Last edited by tkhaab_94; Feb 4, 2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

lol evolution XII

that would be nice....MMmMmm evolution XII...wonder what it would look like??

keep up the research, kid. i know tons of people that couldnt decide on what they want. the bottom line is that you know the basis of what you're gonna use it for, DD etc. etc., and you've done your fair share of research to learn that in the long run the 4th gear will give out on a MR, everyones input has truth to it, so i guess it just depends if you're gonna heavily mod the car or just do the bpu(basic performance upgrade) and keep it DD. if you're gonna heavily mod the car it'll be better to go with the GSR or SE IX rather then the MR, you'll get more out of each gear but it wouldn't be that good as a DD. Your gonna have to make sacrifices on both ends. but in the end just be safe...the evo is A LOT to handle for someone so young, you're bound to get into an accident.......ddamn deers!!!

Last edited by TeAvRoMiAxC; Feb 4, 2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:15 PM

Hey man...it's always awesome to dream. When I was a kid I dreamed about getting a Prelude. When I was 23 I got out of school, got a job and bought one. I hated it. I am 6'2 and after a few weeks of getting in and out of it I was done. I tried to sell it for 2 years and finally sold it and had to take out a loan to make up the difference I was upside down. Now, maybe you will buy a Evo, love, tune and enjoy it. But, drive a bunch of cars first. Srt-4s, Honda's, V8 muscle cars. Drive Evo's from all three generations (we got in America) then make up your mind. Remember, life is what happens while we are making plans. You're doing a good job.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:23 PM

Thanks..I have been in most cars that you have mentioned it's ok but i never been in a Evo before, but i know i will like it.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by BeLvAoC9K
but in the end just be safe...the evo is A LOT to handle for someone so young, you're bound to get into an accident.......ddamn deers!!!
Yeah my cousin and I almost hit a deer once coming back from camping. We missed it by a couple of feet.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 09:31 PM

Man for a 14 year old your pretty knowledgeable.. I have 2 06 evo 9 MR's and i love them.. one is my dailey driver and one is 490whp no tranny problems nothing... The MR interior is beautiful.. But this is your choice..
Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:24 PM

Yeah I love cars. My cousins used to be the "Ricers" back in the days. Now they are all luxury type. LOL Time to put the "Ricer" in the past and upgrade. I used to hang around with them a lot. But now they all moved away. My sister has a Celica GT-S. 6 Speed. It Picks up pretty good. It can beat all those Ricer Hondas LOL.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

I have a IX MR SE and I love my 6 speed transmission. I strongly feel that I should've bought a IX GSR SE when I had the chance since I hear so much negative stuff about the 6 speed......But at the end, I think the 6 speed suits me very well even though I can be a very aggressive driver at times. Whatever you do kid, just be safe and be wise in the decisions you make. Take care and I wish you good luck!!!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:13 AM

If you can get them get in the states get an Evo 9 GT, they have the stronger 5 speed box rather than the chocolate 6 speed or even an Evo 9 RS.

Mic