Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo X Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X Clutch?

Hello

I was thinking about buying an Evo GSR ( I test drove the MR and the twin clutch is just not for me), anyway I've done some research and people seem to claim differently in terms of the stock clutch quality.

MOST people are saying the stock clutch is not able to handle the power of the Evo and that no matter how you shift the car (no launching) you will need to replace it much sooner than an average clutch. I would like to know the most recent and accurate answers to this problem.

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many people here are 20k+ with the stock clutch. Others are replacing them before 5000 miles. If you dont beat on it and launch it you should be able to get good life out of the stocker.

edit: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...s-stocker.html

Last edited by accrane; Feb 5, 2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by hyoseke
Hello

I was thinking about buying an Evo GSR ( I test drove the MR and the twin clutch is just not for me), anyway I've done some research and people seem to claim differently in terms of the stock clutch quality.

MOST people are saying the stock clutch is not able to handle the power of the Evo and that no matter how you shift the car (no launching) you will need to replace it much sooner than an average clutch. I would like to know the most recent and accurate answers to this problem.

Thanks in advance
many people cant really use the clutch.
All around the world they selling the evos and , the biggest issue with the clutch is from the US.

How many really learn to drive a MT. Even the driving test is AT ...

The evo clutch is just fine at factory hp and tq.Even with minor mods should be fine.

You cant blame the clutch under 20k with a factory car, period.