Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

What should I do in your opinion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2009, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by localtoys73
well i think if you can get rid of the m3 for good money then do that now and save, i went on unemployment 3 months ago and got a part time job which put a hold on my unemployment since dec 7th no money, until the investigate it .....basically my rant is dont count on unemployment either save as much cash as you can

Thank you.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teachers in California with a tenure 1-3 years are at risk of being laid off untill a new budget is passed. As I said you lack tenure. You did ask opinions about your situation! Most forums will have a few or more of the less helpful members. This forum is no different. You were offered some good and bad information. Sort through it and decide for yourself. You obviously are a new young teacher. Not a condescending remark, just pointing out the obvious. You worry about something that has not happened and may not. At the end of the year some will retire and others may move on to other professions. I believe they will cut support jobs first and teachers last. Either way, waiting for the dust to settle may be your best option. The car is not going anywhere and by May you will be more informed about the whole LAID OFF situation.