Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

What should I do in your opinion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2009, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What should I do in your opinion

I might get laid off as a teacher at the end of this school year and have to go on unemployment. I think I may have to sell my M3 which is an 08 coupe. I have about 20k in equity in it along with about 10k saved. By the end of my employment I'll have about 15 k saved. My wife has an 02 accord and wants a mini van eventually. I am thinking of two options:

1) sell the m and get an 06 evo for around 20-22k (low miles) I would want to mod it to similar power to my m3. (around 350 whp) I guess it would not matter if it was pre modded. This way we could probably get a mini van for around 12 to 15 k and I could use the Honda for when I am tired of the evos buzziness. This would mean I would no longer have the $580 car payment and we would actually be pretty well off.

or
2) Evo X- quasi auto (wife could drive) more of a daily driver. But no mini van and it seems like it might be a let down from the 9?

I had an 05 Sti before and it was modded with stage 2 Ohlin struts, sways, camber plates, etc.

What do you guys think?
Dam economy.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

I would say which ever option that suits your economic status.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
remember there is 0% for the X and with the M as a trade in your loan amount might be less than the 20 - 22k you were willing to pay for an 06 evo.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by beetle_orange
remember there is 0% for the X and with the M as a trade in your loan amount might be less than the 20 - 22k you were willing to pay for an 06 evo.

Thanks...good idea there. I guess I need to look for an MR around here. Then I need to get it to 350 whp to feel satisfied.

Is the handling on the x so much better than the IX in your opinion. I saw some articles that spoke about how you can almost drift it around a corner like its nothing.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 04:58 PM
Account Disabled

honestly if u are going to get laid off i wouldnt get a new evo until u get a new job.. jus my two cents man!
Old Feb 6, 2009, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

agreed. if you wanna do 0 down and 0% you can at least just let the bank repossess the car.

Originally Posted by ggevoIX
honestly if u are going to get laid off i wouldnt get a new evo until u get a new job.. jus my two cents man!
Old Feb 6, 2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by ggevoIX

Uh dude I would have the cash to pay for a used or new car cash. My wife works and has tenure. I am just not sure if it would be justifiable to have a payment. I have to have a ride.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

You asked, so you get it. You shouldnt be driving a M as a teacher in the first place! You lack tenure, or you would not be getting laid-off. Wait on any new purchases untill you are: in a new job, economic outlook improves, or win the lotto. Possibly look into going back to school to improve your marketability and drive a used civic while doing it.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate threads like these with you spewing your "Financial woes". What the hell teaching job affords you an 08 M3. Oh teacher, you spelled damn wrong Get a minivan
Old Feb 7, 2009, 07:59 AM

Why ask us.....just go test drive and decide on you own!
Old Feb 7, 2009, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by 596736
I hate threads like these with you spewing your "Financial woes". What the hell teaching job affords you an 08 M3. Oh teacher, you spelled damn wrong Get a minivan

Oh genius have you ever heard of swear filters? That is what I thought I would run into on here. So I spelled it "dam" and not damn." Besides, I put a good chunk of change down on the m. It's not like I set myself up for a large payment anyway.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 08:09 AM

Wow

Of all the message boards I have ever frequented, this has got to be the worst and most immature flame job I have ever seen. I genuinely wanted some opinions. I am not trying to start a fight or anything. It seems like people on here just want to criticize and not give their helpful .02.

I am sorry if I offended anyone with this legitimate attempt at getting some ideas. I guess you really don't quite understand or appreciate my predicament. Perhaps I have not made it clear, but at his point I will just desist. What is the point?
Old Feb 7, 2009, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Td66
You asked, so you get it. You shouldnt be driving a M as a teacher in the first place! You lack tenure, or you would not be getting laid-off. Wait on any new purchases untill you are: in a new job, economic outlook improves, or win the lotto. Possibly look into going back to school to improve your marketability and drive a used civic while doing it.

BTW, teachers with tenure get "laid off" too in these situations out in Cali. Pink slips are allowed in times of extreme financial woe. It's just that I am low on the tenure totem pole.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by i8fizh
Why ask us.....just go test drive and decide on you own!

I guess I was looking for ideas. Sorry to ask.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i think if you can get rid of the m3 for good money then do that now and save, i went on unemployment 3 months ago and got a part time job which put a hold on my unemployment since dec 7th no money, until the investigate it .....basically my rant is dont count on unemployment either save as much cash as you can

Quick Reply: What should I do in your opinion