Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

RSX to evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RSX to evo

hi all...i've had my rsx for the past 2 and a half years and will be getting an evo soon, right now im doing research to find out exactly what type of evo i will be buying, i drove a coworkers evo which i believe he said it was a 2006 MR edition and it was an amazing experience for me, it was a lot of fun!! It was my first time driving a car that was turbo as well as awd so i was blown away! Still can't decide which color i want and what year i should get. I was impressed with the room that the evo has. I'm 6"3 and had plenty of leg room, it looks so small on the outside, and i like that it's 4 doors as well which is another reason that i want it. I've always thought evos looked nice but this is the first time that i've been looking into seriously purchasing one. I love my rsx but i think it's time for an upgrade If you guys have any opinion on what i should get let me know, don't know much about evos and currently doing research. Thanks!!
Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

Well since it was an '06 MR edition it was an Evo IX and the one you probably drove was most likely grey a lot of them come in that color. That's pretty much top of the line as far as those models go. Not sure what to say really... uhm ask a lot of questions and read the forums and stickies before starting a thread asking repetitive questions. There's TONS of info on Evos and other Lancers on here. And ugh welcome to EvoM, there's some pretty koo cats in here.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:11 AM
Evolving Member

05-06 are prolly your best bet. if I had my choice of evos it'd be 06 rs in red all the way. Gl with your purchase you won't be disappointed!!
Old Mar 8, 2009, 01:59 AM
Evolving Member

I know exactly what youre talking about. im 6'2 and its really comfortable. goodluck with your purchase.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 03:16 AM
Evolving Member

Good luck on your purchase. Welcome!
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:19 PM

I just moved from a RSX to an 06 IX MR also. It was a no brainer
Old Mar 11, 2009, 01:08 AM
Evolving Member

Buy an 06 it has a MIVEC head along with a few other changes. Typically with bolt on's the 06's make more power from what I have seen. Look for a virgin which will be hard to find. I would say buying one with exhaust mods is ok but stay away from anything with intake or turbo work done to it. Too many EVO's are running around un-tuned with dangerous AFR's and are knocking like crazy. If you are looking for a highway EVO get the MR, but if you are looking for a track car get the 5 speed GSR. I own a 06 SSL 5 speed and I love it. My only b!tch is that I wish I had that 6th gear for some of the cross country driving I have done. As for the 4 doors yes those come in handy for moves and hauling friends around. Nothing is better than having 3 other people in your car and pulling up next to Billy Bad A$$ in his new GT Mustang and smoking him as you and all your friends laugh the whole way to the next stop light. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Evolution
Follow the link above and it will explain most of the changes between all the EVO's.

Originally Posted by BBoy324
hi all...i've had my rsx for the past 2 and a half years and will be getting an evo soon, right now im doing research to find out exactly what type of evo i will be buying, i drove a coworkers evo which i believe he said it was a 2006 MR edition and it was an amazing experience for me, it was a lot of fun!! It was my first time driving a car that was turbo as well as awd so i was blown away! Still can't decide which color i want and what year i should get. I was impressed with the room that the evo has. I'm 6"3 and had plenty of leg room, it looks so small on the outside, and i like that it's 4 doors as well which is another reason that i want it. I've always thought evos looked nice but this is the first time that i've been looking into seriously purchasing one. I love my rsx but i think it's time for an upgrade If you guys have any opinion on what i should get let me know, don't know much about evos and currently doing research. Thanks!!
Old Mar 11, 2009, 01:13 AM
Evolving Member

i made the same switch and i dont regret it at all..

plus i got to keep my rsx-s but its my DD as well as my prelude

but goodluck on your decision
Old Mar 11, 2009, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VTEC_this
i made the same switch and i dont regret it at all..

plus i got to keep my rsx-s but its my DD as well as my prelude

but goodluck on your decision
You know if Honda made an AWD turbo civic I might think about driving a Honda again.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 02:45 AM
Evolving Member

definitely go with an 05-06 catch an mr if you can
good luck with the buy your definitely not going to miss that torque steer lol
Old Mar 11, 2009, 07:59 AM

also made the same switch, go with an 06, should be some pretty sweet deals around