Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Official Evo Girl

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
errr...i know i should take it to the dealer..but it'll be torture for the wait

just thought of them messing something up or ruining something gives me headaches
Old Mar 17, 2009, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

you could of bought mine for 18k about the same miles. mods in sig and never tracked or launched and still on stock clutch no slipage
fully AMS'ed out of coarse
Originally Posted by NinaX4G63
Thanks Man..got if financed for 21,000

It was originally going for 23,900 but i told the guy no way in hell with that many miles
Old Mar 17, 2009, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if you think about it you might beable to get the dealership you bought it from to replaced the clutch, Cat, and those other problems he mentioned. IF you can get the dealership to check on those things he mentioned and state that in there report. Go back to where you bought it from and show them im pretty sure if they are hurting for sales they will either replace that stuff or help you with getting parts and installs. I know the dealerships down here will bend over backwards to make a sale. Glad you see evos up there because im the only one rocking one down where i live that you will see consistantly so i get tons of looks and oh thats a evo sweet type comments enjoy the whip and get money ready to mod
Old Mar 17, 2009, 03:22 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Quick Question..the dealer told me i got 31 days to report any problems with the car
Should be covered by the dealership..the last thing i want to do is take it up their...wait 2-3 days only for them mess something up and tell me i got to pay for something
(it's my first financed car)
now that you know the truth, report the problems and have the dealer fix it so you will not have any problems down the road. even pretend that the clutch is slipping so they will replace it for you.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

+1 to what everyone else said about getting the dealer to replace the things that need it. i was hoping they would before they sold it oh well at least i told you so you know. now there wont be any suprises
Old Mar 17, 2009, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Silver06evo9mr
+1 to what everyone else said about getting the dealer to replace the things that need it. i was hoping they would before they sold it oh well at least i told you so you know. now there wont be any suprises
Thats cool of you to let her know whats up with the car.

To OP look through the private for sale section...lots of deals. Good luck with the build. What does your boyfriend drive?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 06:11 PM

Congrats hope u enjoy her
Old Mar 17, 2009, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Looks amazing!!!!
Old Mar 18, 2009, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Silver06evo9mr
Hey nothing better than an honest man so i just remembered (i tend to forget things a lot) that there's an evo 8 owner in my neighborhood..i used to see him every morning but haven't since..how strange lol anyways on friday if all maintenance gets done. my bf and i will go 2 the track and see what my evo can pull. I just want to see where it stands i'm so excited but i dont want to run it to hard until upgrades and tune is done. Visscciouusssz ooo and saturday i get to show off my car in dc haha his friends are riding together in their cars..i feel special
Old Mar 18, 2009, 05:47 AM

so i used to have a list of tuner shops and stuff around but lost it..are there and shops/stores that i can purchase/order aftermarket parts around the silver spring/gaithersburg/rockville area... i want to shop for some pricing on exhaust and misc. parts..my wallet is hurting right now but its worth it
Old Mar 18, 2009, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Hey Dave, The gremlins issue was fixed by the dealer 100% on this car as well correct and grommet sealed??

I remember talking with you about it ages ago. I think yours was one of the first IX's to report the issue
Old Mar 18, 2009, 06:29 AM

Congrats, good buy
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

so i used to have a list of tuner shops and stuff around but lost it..are there and shops/stores that i can purchase/order aftermarket parts around the silver spring/gaithersburg/rockville area... i want to shop for some pricing on exhaust and misc. parts..my wallet is hurting right now but its worth it
A few quick ones. They may not be right next door but suggested for their service, prices, efficiency and expertise... from first hand experience.

Tuning and Installation --> CBRD
OEM parts --> RussellM
After Market --> CVRMotorsports, DriveLine

Also, if you're going to have CBRD install anything for you, trust me, let them get it. I noticed Chad sometimes gets the same stuff I could price hunt down for days; but gets it cheaper.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Hey nothing better than an honest man so i just remembered (i tend to forget things a lot) that there's an evo 8 owner in my neighborhood..i used to see him every morning but haven't since..how strange lol anyways on friday if all maintenance gets done. my bf and i will go 2 the track and see what my evo can pull. I just want to see where it stands i'm so excited but i dont want to run it to hard until upgrades and tune is done. Visscciouusssz ooo and saturday i get to show off my car in dc haha his friends are riding together in their cars..i feel special
i went 13.0 stock about 10 times. you should be able to do that.

go to lascuola motorworks. like it says in my sig. they know that car inside and out it would be smart for you to go there cuz they helped put my car back to stock, put the t-case and the clutch in it, and flashed me. trust me go there. they are on the forums too check the mid-a section.

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Hey Dave, The gremlins issue was fixed by the dealer 100% on this car as well correct and grommet sealed??

I remember talking with you about it ages ago. I think yours was one of the first IX's to report the issue

yup everything replaced and fixed under warrenty.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 09:31 AM

Sweet you guy are awesome

Quick Reply: Official Evo Girl