Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Would you say an RS is worth more $ than the others?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2009, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The GSR is a dime a dozen... Esp the 8's. The RS wether an 8 or a 9 is already obtaining a better resell value in comparison from MSRP Sticker to average selling unit as of current date... Hopefully thats a slope that will continue... (Seeing as how I have one)

The rare'est and most sought out Evolution will be different in my prediction however....
The cream of the crop will be the STOCK Evolution. Whether its a RS, GSR, MR, SE, MRSE. Having any of these 40years from now untouched will be RARE!
Old Mar 19, 2009, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DonHugo
that logic only works on ferraris and lambos

The Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggerra is the racing version of the Gallardo that weighs less, has less equipment but costs $40k more.
The Ferrari 430 Challenge Stradale is the same way. As goes for any challenge stradale, 355CS, 360 CS, 430 CS.
they probably also have alot more composite lighter material in the car than the other versions too hence the 40K difference
Old Mar 19, 2009, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by r.m.s.
The GSR is a dime a dozen... Esp the 8's. The RS wether an 8 or a 9 is already obtaining a better resell value in comparison from MSRP Sticker to average selling unit as of current date...
Agreed the RS is doing the best vs sticker price in resale value. MR is the worse by far. The some of the late GSR's sold might be close when it comes down to actual selling price when Mitsubishi was discounting them and the RS were all sold out.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:17 AM

RS has no aircon, no ABS, no AYC, no ASC, no Brembos, no 18" wheels, no Recaros, no radio, no keyless entry. It's a stripped down version for people who want to modify and race the car.
What it's got is less weight when compared to the GSR.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It is simple supply and demand. In time the RS should demand a higher price as they will be harder to get since production numbers were very low. But that being said, you still need to find that specific buyer. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder Mine is NOT for sale Good luck...

As for what to buy. All depends on what your buying it for. To me the evo is a cool toy. It is meant for one thing. So for me the RS is the only one to have. If I decide to road race, rally, or drag the RS is the best option. If your going to daily drive like most, well the other options may or may not be important to you. But the GSR and MR will sour the best part about the evo. Its raw and untainted feeling....
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Well if it helps it was sure hard as hell to find an RS at the time I bought my evo haha
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by vmrevo9
they probably also have alot more composite lighter material in the car than the other versions too hence the 40K difference
Not really, I used to work for Ferrari Porsche Maserati and Aston Martin.

The only differences in the Challenge Stradale versions (can't comment on Lambo) were less interior creature comforts, different coilovers and ceramic brakes and rotors. The dash is carbon fiber, but the bodies and chassis were the same.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

i loved my rs, and would get another one.....
Old Mar 20, 2009, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by evosoh
RS has no aircon, no ABS, no AYC, no ASC, no Brembos, no 18" wheels, no Recaros, no radio, no keyless entry. It's a stripped down version for people who want to modify and race the car.
What it's got is less weight when compared to the GSR.
huh??? are you talking about the X or VIII/IX

my IX RS has aircon, recaros, ACD and brembos! i dont have power windows, power door locks and keyless entry. the only thing i wished they came with is the sound deading material for sure lol
Old Mar 21, 2009, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

I don't think a RS would ever be more. Why pay more for less. If you want to turn it into a track machine, you're not going to try to find a RS and pay more for it. You're going to buy the cheaper one (assuming they are both in good shape). The RS just have less weight, which can easily be accomplished with a few hours of work on a GSR which shouldn't really count since track machine most likely means you're going to gut most/all the interior anyway.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

How much work does it take to get a GSR under 3000lbs? How much do you have to hack out?

To to it to my 05 RS all I need to do is only fill the gas tank half full. Bang! Done!

No, it has no power windows and I have to lock the doors by hand but who cares? Its the baddest, most raw drivers car I have ever touched, it's like holding 220v in your hands while standing barefoot in saltwater.

I really don't care what others feel the RS is worth next to a GSR but I know what the RS is worth to me. I would not care to own one and will not give the Evo X serious consideration until they build an RS version of it.

Just how good do you think a 3000-3100 lb X would be?
Old Mar 22, 2009, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

seriously though. how can a RS be worth more than a GSR or MR? i mean RS is just a regular evo thats missing a few things... so with that said its not like the RS has anything that would give it a higher value..
Old Mar 22, 2009, 02:09 PM

Mine only has a TBE and a tune I have the stock exhaust at home FYI the car is up for sale other things it has alarm system, after market wheels, etc few little things but near stock.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by itzcharlez
seriously though. how can a RS be worth more than a GSR or MR? i mean RS is just a regular evo thats missing a few things... so with that said its not like the RS has anything that would give it a higher value..

It's called limited production numbers which equates to supply vs demand. Why do you think a Reventon is 1.5 million? It's because there are 20 of them. Is it worth 1 million more over an LP640??? Not to me, but to some-YES. And for the few who think an RS is just a GSR/MR missing a few things you couldn't be more wrong. Try taking the ABS off your GSR/MR That is one of the many things that make the RS sought after. I've had 3 GSr's and now the RS. You can't compare them. My RS weighed 2667 before I even started trying and this was with all the safety gear(10 point cage, etc)......