Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

How bad was she abused?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 have the smallest production year of the US Evo's (mostly since 04 were made for 1/2 year) 04 Evo are more of an extension of the 03 anyways. I wouldn;t pay more than 17k for the car, infact I would have offered a lower price. Not a lot of car are moving, just have some patience and you should be able to get a good deal.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by N3VO
i would say keep waiting there already taking it down this much, the way the economy is they will sell it for less. be patient. have you driven it?

yea i drove it. I have not driven one before so all I had to compare it to was an 04 STI. The sti wouldnt drive a straight line and make a crazy noise when turning sharp. It also had a clunk when I took off from a stop.

That evo seems allright but the carbon fiber airdam tells me that may not have been the only mod, and who knows how it was driven. I definately liked it though.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Red face

Originally Posted by dgoodhue
04 have the smallest production year of the US Evo's (mostly since 04 were made for 1/2 year) 04 Evo are more of an extension of the 03 anyways. I wouldn;t pay more than 17k for the car, infact I would have offered a lower price. Not a lot of car are moving, just have some patience and you should be able to get a good deal.

yah thats what i keep telling people.. why oh why didnt i tell him 16. or 17. and then work up. Check this out.

First thing i said was 19000 (cuz he wouldnt budge after 6 hours on 20000) No luck. I left.

The next day he called me in there and said 19. I said cool but i am test drivinf some other cars.

THEN i said. Nah i cant do 19, all my homies on evolutionm.com said thatss a bs price. I Said now i will do 18500.

LOL hes said hell no. 19.

I said talk to u later.

Today he called up and left a message saying 18500. Im so dumb haha. Now im going to have be like "Yeah uhh woops how bout 17500 =)

Im not going to call him cuz i feel like a moron asking him for a lower value. Maybe he will call me up next week and suggest a lower price or something.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I say keep looking...car sounds a little beat up...i wouldn't pay over 17,500 for it, no matter what they sell it to you or anyone else for they will probably still be loosing money...thats funny they are calling it an MR since MRs didn't come out till 05...is this an RS or GSR??
Old Mar 28, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Your counter should be "18,500 with tax / title / license paid" at this point.

Keep in mind that you're getting either an abused Evo or one that was modified over 400 WHP and then returned to stock. The clutch on these cars are perfectly fine up to around 350 WTQ and then they start to let go.

Don't listen to all of the "Wrong. My car had 20,000 miles on it when I was still at the stock power level and my clutch went out, and yes I know how to drive a car." comments that are about to flood this thread.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

or, jus don't buy it, why buy an abused evo?

i mean seriously, your asking to throw dough at it later, anyway you look at it
Old Mar 28, 2009, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

i got my 04 with 22k for 19k

i say thats a bit much

keep looking or if you hold out im sure they'll drop
closer to something more reasonable im sure there
not selling many cars considering the economy so
should be soon.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Smile

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
I say keep looking...car sounds a little beat up...i wouldn't pay over 17,500 for it, no matter what they sell it to you or anyone else for they will probably still be loosing money...thats funny they are calling it an MR since MRs didn't come out till 05...is this an RS or GSR??

its not too badly beat up. it looks good/ just minor things/ but then again. the sti i drove was immaculate. just drove like **** haha.

I am not even going to bother calling him for about a week. if it is still there, ill suggest 17,000
Old Mar 28, 2009, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

im looking at an 06 tomorrow. i will try and get the process right for this one. Its an 06 gsr. (i think) with about 25k miles.. how much have u paid for an 06 gsr?
im going to go research that.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Xearo
im looking at an 06 tomorrow. i will try and get the process right for this one. Its an 06 gsr. (i think) with about 25k miles.. how much have u paid for an 06 gsr?
im going to go research that.
$21-22K depending on condition seems like what I have seen others pay. I looked a 06 at dealer with 30K miles with asking price 20,900, but it was smoker car with some mods. The front tires were beat (ie bald), it made me think it was driven hard. I pretty sure I could have gotten that GSR for under 20K.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

good. I will go check it out later and let u guys know how it goes.
=) 06 outta my budget, but hey a lil reposession in 1 year never hurt anybody right?
oh wait. it did. =)
actually with out any maintenence costs, this car will end up being well within my budget. Sort of. Kind of stretched.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 02:40 PM

shop car and price

I am shocked at reading these pages....I am a dealer and hate to inform you folks that right now you pay top dollar at auction for any Evo- I am currently buying all over the USA and buying everyone I can get my hands on and I would pay between $15,800 and $17,400 for that car at an auction....
Now I have to warranty the car for 60 days or 2500 miles while so dumb as kid destroys the transfer case because he doesn't know how to drive.... You guys really have no clue on an actual value of a used vehicle that is in major demand!! Heres a picture of what was left of the transfer case on a 2003 EVO VIII with 53k we sold for $18,500
How bad was she abused?-p1010157.jpg
18500 minus $1000 for rebuilding transfer case, new clutch and 10 hours labor, 17500, had to do brakes and lof, service tranny trans and r diff, CAT because some dumb kid removed the factory to put a exhaust with one of those stupid $5 anti fouler for the CEL, timing belt and water pump, recon and advertising...$1400 -$16100 Profit ?? $2000 ...$14100 for a low mile EVO....yeah right....I'll buy any Decent 2003 or 2004 EVO on this board right now for $14000 with 53k miles or less with a full service history and proof timing belt and water pump have been done....

Now you do the math....why would anyone sell one of these cars to you and have to warranty it and not make any money considering "the dealer" needs to keep a $1000 of the profit in the bank and pray to GOD you don't launch the transfer case or the tranny for that matter during the 60 day warranty!!
Old Mar 31, 2009, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xtturbox
I am shocked at reading these pages....I am a dealer and hate to inform you folks that right now you pay top dollar at auction for any Evo
I have heard about Evo's (and other rarer performance cars) getting premiums at the dealer auctions. I wonder if the public is really bidding on these Vehicles (ie friends/connection with someone with a dealer license.)
Old Mar 31, 2009, 02:56 PM

Not really...most people do not know how to find these cars that are repo'd or lease turn ins, These auctions are dealer only....you must have a dealers Lic and like I said I have bought 8 in the past 14 days were 5 did not pass post sale inspection(auction guarantee for frame and mechanical) 2 from atlanta ga, 1 from Tampa, 1 from San Fran, and 1 today from Mass.
These vehicle are very rare at auction....only 9 currently for sale on all auction sites right now and not running until 4/4/09....now remember there are over 600 mitsu dealers completing for these cars along with dealers that specialize in Imports.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 03:04 PM

I have a buddy that sold his evo at an auction. Before he took it, He stripped every single piece that could be taken off and sold. The seats were replaced with honda seats, the headlights didn't even fit the car, they were cheap junkyard non-evo headlights, he took off the enkei's and replaced with 4 spare evo tires (to clear the brembos) and then beat the living **** outof the car before he took it to the auction. non of those cars are treated nicely.

Quick Reply: How bad was she abused?