Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo x issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo x issues

So, I just passed 350 miles on my new GSR and I am having alignment issues (car pulls left when wheel is straight) and HID headlight problems. The low beams put out light maybe 15 feet beyond the car and black after that. I had HID's on my RX-8 and they were awesome. I am not sure what is up with these.

While I am at it, it idles really bad. It bounces around 600K to 1200K when it is warm and I do not have any mods. Any ideas/suggestions
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

The alignment is always bad from the factory on these cars. But make sure they took out the spring spacers in the wheel well. They put those on to keep the suspension stiff when shipping and are susposed to be removed by the dealer. I have had three and the first thing I do is go get a alignment. However a alignment is covered under the 12k miles 1 year adjustment period on your warranty. Also there is a adjustment knob for the HID to raise and lower them on the left hand side of the dash about steering wheel level. Also there is TSB out for the idle issues and there is a reflash out that you can get from the dealer. Welcome to the EVO world.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

raise your lights. there is a dial in the front left side. by the steering wheel. or does that not work?
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

oh scottatyamaha beat me to it
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

^ Ditto. My alignment was bad right off the lot. Take to the dealer and have it adjusted since it's covered under the 12K warranty.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:15 PM

should have read the manual on the headlights! Thanks guys for the heads-up.

I was thinking about getting a flash and tune from a good shop this summer. Anyone know of won near upstate NY?
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe take a trip down to sean ivery. Hes in NJ