Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

mitsubishi's return policy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2003, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mitsubishi's return policy

i heard that all cars have a 3 day/under 100 miles return policy. the dealer where i got my car from was glad to tell me about that policy and that they mention it because they don't want their customers to be stuck with a car they don't want and they feel confident that they'll like the mitsubishi they drive out with. well.. i signed the papers after i heard that and then found out that i paid about $3k too much for it so i went back to return it the next day will less than 100 miles on it and they told me that that policy excludes the evo 8. i called mitsubishi headquarters and they said the same thing. the only car i looked at while i was at the dealership was the evo, so why did they even mention that to me then?? anybody else now about how that policy works? i'd like to mention the dealership, but i'm not sure if that's allowed here. oh well.. just wanted to vent a little. by the way, this all happened 3 months ago so i'm sure it's too late to do anything now.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Re: mitsubishi's return policy

Originally posted by bakjho
i heard that all cars have a 3 day/under 100 miles return policy. the dealer where i got my car from was glad to tell me about that policy and that they mention it because they don't want their customers to be stuck with a car they don't want and they feel confident that they'll like the mitsubishi they drive out with. well.. i signed the papers after i heard that and then found out that i paid about $3k too much for it so i went back to return it the next day will less than 100 miles on it and they told me that that policy excludes the evo 8. i called mitsubishi headquarters and they said the same thing. the only car i looked at while i was at the dealership was the evo, so why did they even mention that to me then?? anybody else now about how that policy works? i'd like to mention the dealership, but i'm not sure if that's allowed here. oh well.. just wanted to vent a little. by the way, this all happened 3 months ago so i'm sure it's too late to do anything now.
It's part of the lemon law. All cars are included in this. You have 3 days to return the car, no questions asked. My dealership told me about this law also, they even handed me a broschure all about it. Then he said "you can burn that papaerwork when you get home, because we don't sell lemons."

I would be more interested in just trying to get the dealership to refund that money, saying that you found one at a neighboring dealership that is way cheaper. Tell them that you will recommend to all the people who ask you about your car that they go to the cheaper dealership (which I am sure is a lot of people if it is anything like my experience). At least try to get some free services or parts, like some of the OEM accessories or perhaps some free service, like oil change after break in or tranny/transfer case/diffs fluids changed after a few thousand miles. This might be hard to do, but tell them that you really feel like you were screwed and that you were being loyal to them and felt that they wree honest enough not to price gouge and that if this is not corrected that you will feel like you were taken advantage of.

Hope this helps,

Josh
Old Sep 25, 2003, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

stealerships..stealerships...
Old Sep 26, 2003, 07:33 AM

i told them about me being able to go somewhere else and told them i would be so pissed if i could at least get some coupons. the sales manager asked how old i was and then said that 'your a big kid and you made a big decision' basically that i'm stuck with what i signed for. funny thing is that i got a call about how my experience of buying a car from them was and i told them what happend and they sent be a page of coupons that all expire in 3 weeks. that was real nice of them. i got the call right after i just changed my oil, so that's pretty much useless too. i told the dealership that i'd be willing to take a penalty charge or anything, but they just said tough luck..
Old Sep 26, 2003, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

i told them about me being able to go somewhere else and told them i would be so pissed if i could at least get some coupons. the sales manager asked how old i was and then said that 'your a big kid and you made a big decision' basically that i'm stuck with what i signed for. funny thing is that i got a call about how my experience of buying a car from them was and i told them what happend and they sent be a page of coupons that all expire in 3 weeks. that was real nice of them. i got the call right after i just changed my oil, so that's pretty much useless too. i told the dealership that i'd be willing to take a penalty charge or anything, but they just said tough luck..
Go to the dealership that has the cheaper prices and get some printouts of their prices. Take pictures of the stickers on the windows of the Evos at that place. Then go back to the dealership that is treating you like a "big kid" and stand outside to greet their potential customers. Even if the people who don't come in are looking for an Evo, If they see that an Evo is $3,000 overpriced at that dealership, they will assume that the Gallant and the Montero on the lot are done the same way. I am pretty sure that this will get old to the dealership really quick.

You have the right to do this. It is peaceful protest and you ARE still a paying customer. Tell them that you aren't bitter, but that you just want all the other customers out there to make decisions as "big kids" and not make the same mistakes that you made.

Josh
Old Sep 26, 2003, 09:27 AM

if i ever need to go back there for a service, that's what i was thinking about doing while i wait for my car. just chill in the showroom and casually mention that i paid too much for the car that i bought there.. thanks..
Old Sep 26, 2003, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by 90GSX-03EVO

Go to the dealership that has the cheaper prices and get some printouts of their prices. Take pictures of the stickers on the windows of the Evos at that place. Then go back to the dealership that is treating you like a "big kid" and stand outside to greet their potential customers. Even if the people who don't come in are looking for an Evo, If they see that an Evo is $3,000 overpriced at that dealership, they will assume that the Gallant and the Montero on the lot are done the same way. I am pretty sure that this will get old to the dealership really quick.

You have the right to do this. It is peaceful protest and you ARE still a paying customer. Tell them that you aren't bitter, but that you just want all the other customers out there to make decisions as "big kids" and not make the same mistakes that you made.

Josh
Thats a good idea!!!!! Good luck and I hope everything works out for you!!!!
Old Sep 26, 2003, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

if i ever need to go back there for a service, that's what i was thinking about doing while i wait for my car. just chill in the showroom and casually mention that i paid too much for the car that i bought there.. thanks..
Well, I wouldn't do it while my car was in their shop with the hood up and their mechanics hands in the engine bay. They just might decide to "check" out your clutch for premature wear as a "favor" and find that you "abused" it. Then they could push that big red button that everyone talks about and voide your entire drivetrain warranty. Although this is illegal, they are apparently still doing it and it will be more of a hassle and more expensive in the long run if they were to do this.

Just grab a can of gasoline and a Zippo. Torch the remaining Evos that they have on their lot. When they ask what you are doing, say "The brochure said 'go forth and modify' right? I am modifying." Of course, I am only joking about about this, because it would be a sad end to a great car or two.

"Big kid who made a big decision"............That pisses me off that they would talk to anyone like that. They are pretty much saying "HAHAHA! We ****ed you! There's nothing you can do about it." Well, there is a lot that can be about it. Peacefully protest on every day that you have off from work. Invite all your DSM buddies to go with you. DSM owners have hated the dealerships for years. I am pretty sure they started the whole 'SATAN' nickname, although I can't prove that. I know that I had a couple of bad experiences with Mitsu during both of my Eclipse GSX's that I owned, but nothing like they are doing with the Evo. They never flipped out over an air intake, an exhaust, or anything like that. Oh well..back ot the plan.....

The dealership will think it is the best thing in the world when they have tons of modified Mitsu products pull in to their dealership - free advertising, right? When they realize what you guys are all doing, they will change their mind really quick. Just remember, keep it peaceful and be polite with all of the people that you are talking with. You are a customer and they can not force you to leave. This is your right as a consumer. They made enough money off of your sale that they can stand to lose about 10 other customers. Make it so, Number One.

Josh

Last edited by 90GSX-03EVO; Sep 26, 2003 at 09:54 AM.